Press Releases

Discussion in 'Increasing Traffic' started by Cryptonite, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Cryptonite

Cryptonite Aspirant

+0
    Hi-

I just dropped $600 for a press release through PRWeb and PR newswire. I did a search before hand and saw that there are a number of free PR services out there. I am a big believer in 'ya get what ya pay for.' Am I right here? I'm assuming the free services are junk.

2. TeenInformer

TeenInformer Just add water.

+0
    They're not exactly junk, since any publicity is good publicity. But yeah, the commerical ones like PRWeb are frequented by the people that matter.

3. etechsupport

etechsupport Enthusiast

+0
    Its also important to check "where to pay" and calculate the ROI. :unhunh:

4. Cryptonite

Cryptonite Aspirant

+0
    Yeah I figure I only need to make 2 sales from it to break even. I can't see how I won't make these sales in the long run since I'm thinking these releases will stay on the web somewhere. I'll let you all know how it works out.

Any other tips on PR's? Was I smart to send it through both PR web and PR newswire? Has anyone had any luck with PR's for $200 or even through the free services?

5. etechsupport

etechsupport Enthusiast

+0
    Also check with digg.com

6. Silversand

Silversand Participant

+0
    I used PRweb for another website a year ago and paid $80. I got a decent amount of traffic and it did help to build backlinks. I don't think I'd pay more unless I was sure I had something really "newsworthy" that would get picked up.

7. Cryptonite

Cryptonite Aspirant

+0
    Yeah the hope is that it gets picked up by someone. We will see. Maybe I'll stick with the cheap ones after this.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted