Press releases?

Discussion in 'Increasing Traffic' started by AutomatikStudios, Mar 28, 2004.

1. AutomatikStudios

AutomatikStudios So...I'm like...yeah

+0
    I just launched TogetherForAutism.org and had e-mailed a couple of Autism organizations about possible getting links back from them and what not. One of them asked me for a Press Release. And then it hit me...why have I never thought of doing a press release? I then promptly sent over 100 press releases to different organizations and sites. So...we'll see what happens over the next couple of days.

At any rate, has anyone every tried this route of advertising?

2. quentin

quentin Habitué

+19
    Not myself, but i'd be interested in your results. Don't you often have to pay to get a press release not only published but simply reviewed ? How did you find the organizations and sites you sent it to ? What are the specifics of writing for a press release ?
    Thanks for sharing :)

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Webnik

+2
    www.prweb.com is one of the most popular of the "free" press release distribution services.

A more spammy approach but still officially press release distribution is www.free-press-release.com (it'll get your press release circulated, but not found to be very effective though)

When you're serious about your promotion though, Eric Ward's URL Wire (www.urlwire.com) is known to be very effective because he sends the press releases to a hand-selected (well, in effect) list of journalists, instead of an automated sending service.

4. AutomatikStudios

AutomatikStudios So...I'm like...yeah

+0
    Yeah...I used prweb.com and free-press-release.com for a few of the places I submitted to.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted