Post Your XenForo Here

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by GamesGaloure, Aug 20, 2010.

1. xydrine

xydrine Aspirant

+7
    https://www.rdforum.org/ is my community.

A screenshot:

rdf.png

We just migrated to XenForo (1.x) from vBulletin 4.

Not planning on going to 2.x any time soon - we started the migration in August-ish, and have been working on customizations since then.

Currently we have 87 (yes, 87, lol) addons installed, and the theme is something I designed by taking a bunch of elements from about 8-10 different premium themes (still cheaper than paying for a fully customized one, lol, but holy crap it took a long time and a lot of work to do) and from our custom vBulletin 4 theme, as well as a bunch of new elements I custom designed.

We're about 95% done with the overall migration (the final step is to get our Articles (CMS) system back up, which is currently Wordpress-powered and will soon be XenForo-powered, and a dark version of our theme).

2. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Adherent

+172
    Nice layout

Who did the theme?

Privacy policy link in footer goes to 404. No one but us admins ever clicks that **** though lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  3. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+4,934

4. xydrine

xydrine Aspirant

+7
    Thanks for reminding me, lol. Yeah we need one since we process orders through our site so :|.

5. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Jacquii: Black Kween of Hearts ♠

+5,251
    Nice looking forum!
    Considering the amount of posts and activity - you actually qualify to join TAZ's Big Boards usergroup.
    See https://theadminzone.com/help/big-board/ for more info ;)

J.

6. xydrine

xydrine Aspirant

+7
    Cool cool. Submitted a post to join that section but haven't heard back from them. Looking forward to it though - was a part of the vBulletin "big board" content section and it had a lot of good information in it.

7. PoetJC

+5,251
    The SandmanThe Sandman should be able to help ;)

J.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  8. PoetJC

+5,251
    Looks like you've gotten the Big Boards badge and access to TAZ's Big Boards forum.
    I'm only a wee bit jealous - but tell anyone LOL ;)

J.

9. We-PLAY ORG

We-PLAY ORG Aspirant

+5
    My game community. It`s a new game community, I opened again in the middle of February.
    We have contest (give-away) raffles on it, we sell digital game consumable.
    Have a look, give it a try.
    BTW, I will love to have some suggestions about it.

Thank you guys.

10. PoetJC

+5,251
    Ha. I just saw your intro thread and asked if you actually owned the We-Play.org domain.
    Nice looking site. You've got to a pretty decent start - especially as concerns the raffles. I almost registered actually LOL
    I made some additional comments in your intro thread. Anyway - Hope you enjoy your stay at TAZ.

J.

11. We-PLAY ORG

We-PLAY ORG Aspirant

+5
    Yup https://we-play.org it`s mine. I`m struggle to bring people in there.
    Every week I have a contest raffle in page with give-away digital codes. For next week I will have another 12 Months Membership Global subscription for Xbox + EA Access - 1 Year Membership for Xbox.
    Try it... give it a try. If you have any suggestion... I will be glad to hear them.
    Thank you.

12. PoetJC

+5,251
    The raffles are a very nice idea. Have you ran any social media promotionals? That could certainly help drum up the interested. I mean ... People like free stuff right?! LOL ... I only visited the site for a few minutes. It has a solid foundation actually. Only thing I would recommend is to look into augmenting your forum theme. It is so bland at the moment and really doesn't scream "gaming community" in my mind anyway... Also - your forum index icons are not showing. It looks as if they were coded with Font Awesome - but the code is incomplete. So yes - I'd definitely say look into getting a more custom theme. And if you're in the market for it = I'd be happy to consult with you on some ideas. ;)

Whatever the case = Best of luck with it!

J.

13. We-PLAY ORG

We-PLAY ORG Aspirant

+5
    Yup... tell me what you have? Send me a private message J. Thank you.

14. PoetJC

+5,251
    Sure will!
    Cheers.

J.

15. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+945
    Just putting the final touches to my new site for people who suffer from Loneliness. I've been planning this for quite a while (over a year) and was undecided which software to use, but I wanted to keep my IPS licence for another project I have in mind. Anyways, I was really lucky to bag the domain name that is linked to the site, so if anyone wants to head over and take a peak and perhaps register, or pass it on to someone you know who is lonely, you will be most welcome.

I'll be taking the site off-line after a couple of days to finalise things - I may have some addons to install yet. This is using XF2 with Themehouse UIX2 theme and Xenporta 2 addon. I've made a few test posts but may review them before final opening day.

You can check it out here >>>> https://lonelypeople.co.uk

Enjoy and please feel free to comment - sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees lol.

;)

16. sixlxvi

sixlxvi Neophyte

+3
    Finally just went live about an hour ago! Tacoma3G.com
    opening.png

17. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+945
    OK https://lonelypeople.co.uk is back up and running - any feedback will be most welcome.

It's one of those forums that needs members to get it moving, only so much I can add in terms of content - I have a few more articles to post and will get them in ASAP. Time to start advertising it out there and see if I can get some interaction going.

;)

18. xfini

xfini Aspirant

+15
    https://www.forocom.com/

An spanish site. 1mo old

Have integrated an Q&A system sharing registration/ avatars

My last idea was allow that user included his subscription button from vimeo, metacafe, dailymotion and youtube. In this way, I'm encouraging that regular user and youtubers share videos. ( Anyway, the embed videos come with suscription button but inside the player ) So in this way, I make it more visible which I think can attract more interest.

Special mention :

External script on page include for cryptoforum

Real time price on some coin on description and inside

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  19. Destroy Repeat

Destroy Repeat DestroyRepeat.com

+83
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.