Post Your XenForo Here

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by GamesGaloure, Aug 20, 2010.

1. bomb

bomb Neophyte

+1
    Thank you. I will consider the changes ASAP

2. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Devotee

+328
    Well I guess I am ready to show off my newest creation. It's a Wordpress/Xenforo hybrid website. I am not being negative but I am just being a realist. However I don't have any expectations of it taking off. I made the website for my own entertainment purposes only. And I am really enjoying it. And here it is https://www.themcnation.com

P.S. PoetJC made my awesome header, she is my go to for graphic work. She amazes me every time she make me something for my websites.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  3. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+4,934
    That's a job very well done I'd say :)

A couple of minor criticisms; Your header which is indeed awesome is not quite in sync when switching between the two products which make it feel a little less seamless. It seems to shrink a little when switching to the forum. There's also a fair degree of lag when the home page is rendered. Other than that everything looks good.

4. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Devotee

+328
    Thank you, I worked very hard on it. And I think it's the Xenword plugin making the lagg. It is pulling threads from Xenforo to wordpress but I could be wrong.

P.S. I just installed WP Super Cache so I hope that it fixes the problem. I also fixed the width and thank you for your feedback.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  5. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Jacquii: Black Kween of Hearts ♠

+5,251
    Looks great Greg!!! I've been a bit incogNegro the past couple days. But will have the header graphic for you in the next day or so. It needs slight revision so that it fits the larger header dimensions. I'll get the forum index icons sent your way too. Thanks so much for the patience and very kind words! Cheers from Tennessee SoulwatcherSoulwatcher

J.

6. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Devotee

+328
    Thank you, I worked very hard on it I am glad you like it. Researching everything that I wanted to do took for ever. And then putting it all together took time too. And I still keep finding things to do to it. :rofl:

7. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Aspirant

+11
  8. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,419
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. OUTL4W

OUTL4W <style>OUTL4W GFX</style> :p

+243
    Yes highly recommend PE....they helped with both my sites. The default xf skin is not quite mobile friendly for those of us who are plagued with sausage fingers :thumb: :blinky:
    Their skins with slide out menus are great.

If needing help with graphics they can also help...but there's also many gfx artists here as well. ;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  10. Shutout

Shutout Enthusiast

+6
  11. Starskull

Starskull Enthusiast

+42
  12. PoetJC

+5,251
    HotRodCartsHotRodCarts I'd be happy to help customize your site for a better quality, more modern look.
    Let me know if interested :D

J.

13. VampiricPadraig

VampiricPadraig Neophyte

+1
  14. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Aspirant

+11
    Thank you for the offer. I really haven't done much with the theme because I figure it would be best to wait until I decide if I'll be upgrading to xF 2 or not.

15. PoetJC

+5,251
    Ugh. Apologies for the delayed reply. I didn't realize you'd responded until going through email just a moment ago...
    I'm not sure what type of timeline the XF guys are releasing the stable version XF2 - but I'll be happy to assist if you're looking for a customization at really reasonable cost. Just keep me in mind. But as has been said - the guys at PixelExit do really great work. In fact - I've based quite a few theme customizations using their Xenbase framework, which is absolutely superb. So you do have options and a great place in TAZ to make graphic requests ;)

J.

16. Abraham54

Abraham54 Aspirant

+5
    I will upgrade to XenForo 2.0 when Artodia's Framework is available, so that I can use the Elegance 2 styles from XenForo 1.5.15.

17. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Devotee

+328
    I upgraded to Xenforo 2 and I am using a free skin until Pixel Exit finishes Xenforo 2.0 skins. But you can see my website at https://www.themcnation.com. So far I am loving Xenforo 2. :Party:

18. Abraham54

Abraham54 Aspirant

+5
    Every member is very happy with XenForo 2.0.0
    https://piepcomp.nl/

One member asked me to re-activate Elegance Green by Artodia........
    So when I found this site: https://www.hobbygreenhousegrowers.org/
    I contacted on the XenForo cummunity the owner of this site and was very happy to receive his XML file.
    Chose PCF Groen.

19. PoetJC

+5,251
    Welcome to the posting side of TAZ!
    As an FYI - your forum is currently showing the default PE Gamer Time logo. You should change it to reflect your own forum name. ;)

J.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.