Implemented Post Ratings... Bring them back?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by PoetJC, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Yes. Absolutely!

56.9%
  2. No. Absolutely NOT!

13.7%
  3. Ah. Could take it or leave it...

29.4%
  1. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+1,237
    For the Drama Queen / Melodramatic, we need a little bit of code so that if somebody receives the rating then when they hit the "Ratings" tab in the menu and it is shown, a sound file of "Dun dun dunnnnnnn!" should play. :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. s.molinari

s.molinari Leader of Skooppa

+1,952
    Melodramatic is terrible. Bring back drama queen please. I thought the suggestion was actually some sarcasm because of the other gender discussion.

Scott

3. cfmack

cfmack Aspirant

+3
    Pardon my ignorance, I've just read through this entire thread, I don't understand the "Popcorn" rating. What is it exactly? I have Post Ratings installed on my forum and it's very popular. I've never seen the "Popcorn" one anywhere else.

4. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,517
    Popcorn signifies that there is or may be some drama in the post.

5. cfmack

cfmack Aspirant

+3
    Thank you. I would have never guessed that!

6. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,192
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,496
    Wait! I don't see the popcorn on here. :eek:

8. ozzy47

ozzy47 Tazmanian Veteran

+4,329
    Some of the ratings have been disabled in certain forums.

9. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+1,041
    I love post ratings, I don't love the clutter they bring to each message box.

I think the idea is spot on and sound, and users love it. The UI is definitely due an overhaul though....or is it? What do you think?

Facebook has potentially made a step in the right direction, expanding the simple and most popular like reaction to show the full post ratings after a second of hovering or long press.

Do we really want 10 colourful icons at the bottom of each post detracting from the text content? Or is it best to have them on show so we can browse each one at a glance before picking the most applicable rating?

10. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    Absolutely yes!
    I tend to agree with your sentiments on the FB like UI ==> It's definitely a step in the right direction and makes for less clutter.
    Post ratings is a great add-on - but most definitely due for re-envisioning of the UI.

J.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.