Shared PlanetHoster launches free hosting service

Discussion in 'Hosting Discussions' started by tyteen4a03, Dec 5, 2017.

1. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Aspirant

+8
    The blog post is only in French, so to sum up:

PlanetHoster is launching a free webhost service called World Lite that does not put any ads on your website.

The limitations are:
    • 750MB Disk Space
    • Unlimited traffic
    • 2 FTP accounts
    • 2 Email accounts
    • 2 databases (MySQL only - paid plans also include Postgres)
    • One main domain, 2 subdomains
    • Unlimited parked domains
    • PHP only, with no version switch available (I believe they run PHP 7 - paid version also supports Python, Node.js and Ruby)
    • Free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate (standard on all plans)
    • Only community support available (hopefully an English support forum will be available)
    • Upgradable to paid plans at any time
    You can sign up for this service here. I personally use and love PlanetHoster, so if you have a small PHP app you want to run, or a small WordPress site you want to host, PlanetHoster is a solid choice.

2. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+1,993
    As a starting point for new sites and blogs, these limitations appear to compare favorably next to free webhosts.

Offering 'cost-waived' shared hosting is an interesting commercial strategy. I always wondered why it wasnt more commonplace, acquiring a large number of the least demanding webmasters with the expectation enough will eventually upgrade to normal paid plans.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.