Pit bulls not safe?

R44

Asperger's Network? Absolutely.
Pit bulls are probably exaggerated by the media by saying there unsafe.
But frankly I don't trust them and scared to death of them.
My sisters pit bull bit me right on my nose. And the dog has growled at me numerous times.
I won't go near her pit bull now.

You show fear and it'll bite

Kyrie

Habitué
I'm pretty well versed in dogs.

Pitbulls are inherently a violent breed. However, like any animal, if raised correctly with the correct amount of love they can be great great dogs and loving companions.

R44

Asperger's Network? Absolutely.
I'm pretty well versed in dogs.

Pitbulls are inherently a violent breed. However, like any animal, if raised correctly with the correct amount of love they can be great great dogs and loving companions.

Thats a cop out. Pit bulls are not violent.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Pitbulls are inheritance more aggressive.

But Weiner dogs are inheritance more than pitbulls.
Inheritance makes no sense at all in the way you're using it.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Dachshunds are not violent. Now if you meant weimaraners then you're still wrong. They're a passive and often lazy breed.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Dachshunds are not violent. Now if you meant weimaraners then you're still wrong. They're a passive and often lazy breed.
A Weinmaraner used to live next door to me and was "in love" with my staffie. She used to come and let herself in via the kitchen to visit. All I'd see would be this nose poking through the kitchen door, then this quiet "woof" and they'd go off to play in the back garden. She'd get across by belly-flopping across the hedge that divided the two gardens.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
That's adorable. When I first bought my house, I had a neighbor (moved away years later) who had an Irish or Welsh terrier who was old then. They, the owners, fixed these corrective lenses for the dog in the form of glasses that would sit perfectly in front of the dog's eyes and wouldn't budge. It was weird to say the least, but it was more pleasant for the dog than corrective surgery to improve eyesight. It definitely gave the dog a look. Like Charles.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
inherently*

Also, not a huge valid source but... http://www.dogguide.net/blog/2008/0...led-pit-bulls-rottweilers-youll-be-surprised/

Violent and aggressive should not be used interchangeably.
To the world - violent and aggressive are both synonyms as concerns pitbulls.
I'm not sure what my point is here - but I think the world is a bigot.

There's interesting theories and such by all sorts of highly educated, college graduated professionals as regards pitbulls.
But how many of them actually own pits?

J.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Likely the study is flawed. What constitutes as a snap to the owner or a bite? A family friend owns a large Belgian who'll bite down on a stranger threatening the owners but is able to barely bite onto a large haas avocado and bring it to the owners. For every study claiming X, there's another claiming Y that refutes X.

Jim McClain

Senior Citizen
One of my tenants has a Pit Bull mix and a Pit Bull with papers. The former he got as a puppy, the latter was over a year old when he got him. I'm the mean ol' landlord and they love me. They get all excited, according to the owner, when he asks them if they wanna go to Jim's house (usually to pay rent or borrow tools). I love them as much as they love me - but I'm a sucker for any dog. I joke with tenant applicants that one of the requirements is they must have a dog (and of course, they also have to pay a large pet fee, but that's the owner's rule, not mine). All of my tenants currently have 2 dogs each. Here's just a few of my closest friends.

a1footinthegrave.com_images_critters_wisco1408_05_x1080.jpg

a1footinthegrave.com_images_critters_romeo07.jpg

a1footinthegrave.com_images_critters_mocha03b.jpg

I have more, but I won't bore you. I can't own dogs anymore because of my lungs, but I think I have more dogs that are happy to see me than people. Sad, I know. ;)

Oh, almost fergot... one of the tenants took this video of his dog, the vicious Pit Bull mix, Wisco. He's too big for my Segway now, but he tries.

Last edited:

Kyrie

Habitué
I'm not saying I agree at all. I am just saying they have that stigma for somewhat of a reason. Although, it's all with the owner not the pet.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Jim what's that first one? Looks stunning.

I'm not saying I agree at all. I am just saying they have that stigma for somewhat of a reason. Although, it's all with the owner not the pet.

There's stigma attached to everything in life.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
One of my tenants has a Pit Bull mix and a Pit Bull with papers. The former he got as a puppy, the latter was over a year old when he got him. I'm the mean ol' landlord and they love me. They get all excited, according to the owner, when he asks them if they wanna go to Jim's house (usually to pay rent or borrow tools). I love them as much as they love me - but I'm a sucker for any dog. I joke with tenant applicants that one of the requirements is they must have a dog (and of course, they also have to pay a large pet fee, but that's the owner's rule, not mine). All of my tenants currently have 2 dogs each. Here's just a few of my closest friends.

View attachment 30708

View attachment 30709

View attachment 30710

I have more, but I won't bore you. I can't own dogs anymore because of my lungs, but I think I have more dogs that are happy to see me than people. Sad, I know. ;)

Oh, almost fergot... one of the tenants took this video of his dog, the vicious Pit Bull mix, Wisco. He's too big for my Segway now, but he tries.

So gorgeous!

These are awesome pictures thank you for sharing. :)

Jim McClain

Senior Citizen
Jim what's that first one? Looks stunning.
So gorgeous!
These are awesome pictures thank you for sharing. :)
Thank you, much appreciated. The first picture was taken a couple months ago. I decided to get back into a long-dormant hobby of photography and have been enjoying it very much. The second one was taken about the same time, but I never liked the composition, so I didn't take the time to develop it like I did the first. The third was taken by the dog's owner a couple years ago while I was playing with her dog in the back yard.

Jim

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧

View attachment 30708

View attachment 30709

View attachment 30710

What LOVELY pictures. I'm partial to the pits - so I'm really loving the middle pic. Looks like my Blu actually.
And how adorable is that last pic! And oh my! That video is priceless. Super adorable - got a good giggle from that one.
Thanks for sharing!

J.