Picking up dropping & expiring domains

dtmcl

Enthusiast
Do you buy expiring/pending delete domains through marketplaces such as godaddy?

I browse them a lot and manage to grab some nice domains, I managed to get SEOTracker.net today which I thought was pretty cool.

I also made a forum addon that imports Dynadot's list and sorts by age, alexa and pagerank.

dd.png

Phillip

The Priest
Do you buy expiring/pending delete domains through marketplaces such as godaddy?

I started browsing namecheap's marketplace the other day, some pretty awesome domain names pop up for sell at low prices. I don't grab them, though.

JordanH

Imperial Majesty

I browse them a lot and manage to grab some nice domains, I managed to get SEOTracker.net today which I thought was pretty cool.

I also made a forum addon that imports Dynadot's list and sorts by age, alexa and pagerank.

View attachment 31327
I only ever bought one from an AH that was expired. I let it expire my self the next year xD
On a side note,
That addon for Xenforo looks sexy. I want it!

DudeThatsErin

Habitué
Nah, I don't have a need for any other domain names. Plus I don't have the $$ right now to get any new domain names.

3rdAngle

Participant
when .bike domains went up for the first time.. i purchased enfield.bike and rentmy.bike but never used it.. Now am wondering if i should renew them or put them up for sale in one of those marketplace

JQP

Dork
I gotta laugh at this. No, I don't buy expired domains, but I registered one a few years ago on a lark, kept it for a year, decided I wasn't going to get around to doing anything with it and let it expire. I just looked it up and it's still available. Great name too, I think. Seven letters, real, common, descriptive. Now I'm considering buying it again and maybe actually using it. And it's been long enough that I wouldn't have to pay the late registration fee.

Is there a market for flipping domain names? I know of a few that I think are good enough that I can't believe they aren't taken. I'm wondering if buying them and putting them up for sale might be worthwhile, rather than squatting on them for years waiting for somebody to come along and pay big bucks for their brand name.

dtmcl

Enthusiast
Is there a market for flipping domain names? I know of a few that I think are good enough that I can't believe they aren't taken. I'm wondering if buying them and putting them up for sale might be worthwhile, rather than squatting on them for years waiting for somebody to come along and pay big bucks for their brand name.

Yup, there are a few. http://flippa.com being one of the best