phpbb style vs smf style

Discussion in 'Community Styling' started by babybubble, Mar 25, 2007.

1. babybubble

babybubble Aspirant

+0
    Hey, i currently use phpbb and have just converted to smf and i need some advice regarding the comparison of the stykes.

PHPBB2
    http://www.baby-bubble.info/babybubble or click here

SMF
    http://www.baby-bubble.info/forum or click here

Basicaly, the smf theme is alot darker than the one i have on phpbb. Both header images are the same except for the background colours and the text glow on smf.

What are your first impressions of each theme??
    Which theme looks better. ie: looks better, more appealing.

Please dont base judgements on the forum software used.

Thanks for any feedback and comments,
    Regards,
    BabyBubble

2. SteveRobWhatever

SteveRobWhatever Aspirant

+0
    First impression? The SMF style was more attractive to me. I liked the bolder color as opposed to the subtlety of the phpbb skin.

3. bonelifer

bonelifer Adherent

+2
    The SMF is too BOLD, a bit to in your face and many will find it too bright. The SUBTLENESS of the phpBB skin was much nicer and genre specific. Maybe if the site were about a game about Teenage Mutant Crime Fighting Girls(TMCFG) the SMF skin would be appropriate, but it's not. Also the SMF page is HUGE and clunky in comparison.

4. babybubble

babybubble Aspirant

+0
    rofl :unhunh: :unhunh:

thanks so far

5. Sarah

Sarah Habitué

+4
  6. Sunlite

Sunlite full moons just wonder

+21
    I agree with Sarah, the first is better although I'd really like to see the font just a little darker, little hard to read on the white background. The second skin is harsh on the eyes with that gradient, couldn't look at it for very long. :)

7. babybubble

babybubble Aspirant

+0
    ty very much for the info, very appreciated and excellent comments.

Regards,

// edit // ok the link wont work now, ive decided against smf.. even though i do like the profile control panel.. something which wont be available in phpbb until version 3 is released.

Thanks again

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007