PHP7 Compatability

chown

Aspirant
When viewing posting permissions from a thread you'll see a minor issue. Look at the video BB code.

On line 402 of functions_bigthree.php add the following.
PHP:
$videocodeon = !empty($foruminfo['allowvideos']) ? $vbphrase['on'] : $vbphrase['off'];

mysiteguy

Fanatic
What happened to these settings in the admincp?

------------------
Click the help icon on the right for more information on each option.
Inactivity/Cookie Based (Deprecated)
Database (no automatic forum marking)
Database (automatic forum marking)
------------------

I realize cookie based marking was going away, but what happened to the two DB options?

Paul M

Super Moderator
That setting has gone away, it effectively works as "Database (automatic forum marking)".

mysiteguy

Fanatic
Something very odd then, get daily returns posts in the previous 24 hours. Get new never returns anything on one site I have running this.

Paul M

Super Moderator
Just a final reminder really for anyone using these, or planning to.

If you have any PHP7 related bugs, or any bugs related to other changes in 4.2.5 / 3.8.11 you do not have long left to log them.

Remember, if its not in Jira, I probably dont know about it.
RC2 is due in about 10 days, after that the final version is now due around May 10th.
After RC2, any issue will need to be significant to be included in the final version.

Paul M

Super Moderator
3.8.11 & 4.2.5 Release Candidate 2 have been released earlier today.

These are the final RC versions before the full releases, due the second week of May.

Paul M

Super Moderator
On a side note, for anyone interested, I have PHP 7.2 running on my php7 test server.

It has a number of changes that definitely upset both vB3 & vB4.
Since I wont be around to create any [official] 4.2.6 or 3.8.12, my guess is they wont ever be updated to run on PHP 7.2**

Of course, PHP 5.6, 7.0 & 7.1 are going to be around for a long time yet.

** If you run with PHP warnings off (as production sites normally do) they probably would be ok.

Last edited:

mysiteguy

Fanatic
Question.... do the latest resolve those text area input spacing issues Chrome and Firefox introduced last year when they changed how they handle word-wrap CSS?

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
Question.... do the latest resolve those text area input spacing issues Chrome and Firefox introduced last year when they changed how they handle word-wrap CSS?

I believe latest versions of the browsers fixed their bug. It was never a VB bug.

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
I can demonstrate that it still occurs with the previous beta release.

I had a report otherwise... but I don't use the WYGIWYS editor so it was never an issue for me, personally. I doubt any changes were done to 4.2.4 to "fix" it because it's not a VB issue. Not aware of any work-around that can be implemented that is better than the bug.

The report and other suggestions for resolving the issue in this mod thread: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=323807

Last edited:

chown

Aspirant
We changed to the standard editor toolbar, but for the people using the WYGIWYS editor we applied the following workaround.

Search your templates for "editor_contents.css" and change this:
Code:
body,
body.content {
    font: {vb:stylevar content_msg_font};
    color: {vb:stylevar editor_text_color};
    background:{vb:stylevar editor_background};
    margin:0px;
    padding:8px;
}

body.forum {
    font: {vb:stylevar postbit_font};
}
Into this:
Code:
body,
body.content {
    font: {vb:stylevar content_msg_font};
    color: {vb:stylevar editor_text_color};
    background:{vb:stylevar editor_background};
    margin:0px;
    padding:8px;
    animation-fill-mode:forwards;
    animation-name:setnowrap;
    animation-duration:0.1s;
}

@keyframes setnowrap {
    0% {white-space:pre-wrap;}
    100% {white-space:normal;}
}

body.forum {
    font: {vb:stylevar postbit_font};
}

Unlike the fixes mentioned on vbulletin.org this doesn't need you to press the enter key and it doesn't add extra white spaces.

Last edited:

mysiteguy

Fanatic
Thank you! I have a big board where there have been a lot of complaints about this issue.

Paul M

Super Moderator
The final versions of 3.8.11 & 4.2.5 were released earlier today, they conclude the 4.2.5 & 3.8.11 release schedule.
The also conclude my time as Project Manager for vB3 & vB4, and will most likely be the last ever releases for both the 3.x & 4.x series.

Last edited:

GTB

Tazmanian
The also conclude my time as Project Manager for vB3 & vB4, and will most likely be the last ever releases for both the 3.x & 4.x series.
Looks like they want to end support for them two version now, why they are letting you go. But you could still support them from your own site, why don't you do that?

mysiteguy

Fanatic
Looks like they want to end support for them two version now, why they are letting you go. But you could still support them from your own site, why don't you do that?

Because it's not his product and he can't legally distribute their source code.