Domain Name(s) Personal Political Blog Domain options...

Discussion in 'Domains and SSL Certificates' started by PoetJC, Sep 25, 2015.

1. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,326
    UGH!!
    TruthRunnethOver.com? Hmmm. Any more suggestions anyway?...

J.

2. jekyll

jekyll Enthusiast

+70
    Use a better word for "runneth"?
    Add hyphens?
    Stop making a blog?

3. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    trunnet hovers LOL man....that was good.

4. PoetJC

+5,326
    TruthRunnethOver hmmmm.
    TruthRunsOver? Naw...
    Hyphens. Nope.
    Stop making a blog? Hell naw. I've already put too much time and creativity into the process and I don't hand $10 to anyone lightly. I'm going to at least blog for the 365 days that the domain name is good for. I hope to anyway... I think it's a decent concept. I have a lot of people who agree with my perspective. A lot of my friends disagree with my opinions and that's good too.. I'm hoping to ... change minds and hearts all over the globe. Tall order I'm sure :love::ROFLMAO: I mean - You had that shooting yesterday - 10 or so people shot dead on college campus. There's something incredibly wrong in the world. It seems the common denomenator is simply a lack of respect that we humans have for each other. I'm hoping my blog posts will shine some light on that.

Ugh!! I completely hate you!! Stop laughing.
    But honestly - It's not THAT bad of a domain name is it?? I mean it's not as bad as
    domainnames.png

IDK. I think I'm going to ignore your laughs and proceed. Thanks just the same though! Your input is certainly appreciated!
    I think the target audience will get the T concept. The "RunnethOver" probably not so much.. IDK though. Psalms 23:5 is one of the most popular recited bible verses. I don't think there will be any confusion. And the logo I think will make it clear what the "T" is ;)

J.

5. jekyll

jekyll Enthusiast

+70
    Maybe quite a good portion of your target audience does not know the Bible well enough. That includes me, of course. But I'm also rather confused about the relation between the Bible and politics.

That's easy: Stop giving mentally challenged people things which were made to end lives. Works in sane countries.

6. PoetJC

+5,326
    The insinuation here is RIDICULOUS and INSULTING! The Black and the LGBT communities are not Godless. It's such ridiculous statements and outright bias/bigotry/prejudice that makes me get on my soapbox and mouth off. aa.imageshack.us_img194_1593_soapbox.gif

America as a secular nation is a democracy - so she's billed as anyway...
    You should not inject your personal religious beliefs into policy, which is what I see with these hypocritically bigoted far right republicans who bill themselves as holier than though. In my opinion - they are anything but Christian. One point of http://TRunnethOver.com is to shine a light on that GOP-ocrisy. Your statement is what I'll be asking and telling my site users ==> There should be no confusion between the bible and American politics. Right? In fact - the two should not even be intertwined! Especially considering that everyone does not hold the same religious beliefs. Agree?

The POTUS said something interesting yesterday. He noted that all nations have mentally challenged people. But you do NOT see mass shootings in those other nations. So what gives?? I'll be addressing that on my blog at some point. Just need to finish the design.. And hey Jekyll - are you heckling me right now :eek:

J.

7. jekyll

jekyll Enthusiast

+70
    I don't see why "being godless" is a bad thing. Did you miss the Age of Enlightenment? Nevertheless, you got me wrong here: I tried to explain why I (and others here?) don't instantly understand your domain name. That's all.

It's a well-honored Christian tradition to commit massacres among those with different beliefs. Do you remember the last time the Christian world went onto a crusade against those with non-Christian values? It was around 2001...

While we were at Latin earlier: Did you know that "potus" means "he who's drunk" in Latin?

Other nations don't have the NRA. Is this too obvious to be true?

8. PoetJC

+5,326
    Yes!! You are heckling me. I'll invite you to write counterpoint perspectives on my blog if you like :)
    Do you run any forums or websites?

J.

9. jekyll

jekyll Enthusiast

+70
    Yes, you know my blog. No "general topic forums" though, there are too many of them already.

10. PoetJC

+5,326
    Oh duh! I'm a bit dense at times. Excuse me.
    Yes - your blog. Ever thought of adding an English translation sort of modification? Looks like you've got some great content - it may work better if we uncultured Americanos can easily click a translate button and enjoy that content :p

J.

11. jekyll

jekyll Enthusiast

+70
    The problem is that I try to use a "good" language while writing in my native tongue (which is the language I also think in, so a translation would inevitably lose certain subtexts), trying to contribute to the overall quality of German texts on teh interwebz. :D Given that Google and Bing fail to correctly translate lower-level texts, I'm rather afraid of what will happen with mine ...

Here in Europe, the most widely spoken "native language" is German. As you want us to speak your language anyway, why don't you learn ours too? :sneaky:

(But of course I can contribute to other people's blogs in their preferred language. Mostly.)

12. PoetJC

+5,326
    LOL. Kudos for your contribution to quality German content on the net.
    Oh... I studied 7 years worth of Spanish in school. Can't speak a word of it.. But I can read it. Our highschools German teacher was a hottie too. If I had it to do over - I'd probably have chosen German or French for language studies. But as you know - there's not really a time machine in which to go back and correct the oopses of life LOL ... And yeah - it is a bit elitist to expect everyone to speak English isn't it? I didn't start that trend, though I can see why it's as it is, the American dollar being the metaphorical sun the earth revolves around LOL. Me personally? I'd be more than happy to learn all languages if society introduced a proper teacher.:cautious:

Learned a bit of Latin today though. For instance - I now know that "potus" is "drunk" ... Perhaps that's what's wrong in the world? The POTUS is drunk and everyone else is stone-cold sober? :p

J.

13. jekyll

jekyll Enthusiast

+70
    Spanish? I remember having learned it in school for a year. It's easy to read when you had eight years of Latin, the "Roman" languages (including Italian, Spanish, French et al.) are quite similar to each other here, although my (even written) Spanish is better than my French as I never wanted to know any French. A weird language.

I wish I was drunk. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.