Found/Closed Partner and the chance to use VB for your forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel

Forum Fanatic
Position requested?: ... Partner (admin)
Past experiences?: ... Advertisement Zone, was a reviewer on TAZ, 3-10 mod positions at various times.
Genre?: ... Not hugely picky, as long as it's not sport
Forum software you're familiar with? ... You name it, i've probably used it. This request does, however, deal solely with VB.
How large, and busy, was the last forum you (helped) manage(d)? ... Apart from, TAZ, they were quite small.
What is your moderation/administration style?: ... Common sense. If it looks like spam or trolling it probably is even if it's just inside of the rules and if it looks like an honest mistake then there's no point penalising someone for it.
Area of expertise?: ... Server administration and coding
Why are you offering you offering your time to someone?: ... I'm in the process of scrapping one of my projects, which used a vBulletin for the support forum. This means that I will soon have a spare VB license floating around which I currently can't think of anything to do with so, instead of having it sit there, I thought I would give someone the chance to use VB when they may not normally have been able to justify the cost.

howard11

Fan
Hello Hazel,i own a animal board you see and it is needing a partner that knows what they are doing to help me get things going, i dont need the vb license as i have Vb already running but your help would be greatly appaericated. add me on msn if you like and we can talk more thanks howard

SJNez46

Neophyte
Hey Hazel, I am very interested. I have been looking into doing something like this, and you seem to be just what I have been looking for. I am very good with managing the forum and users, and making the forum look good, but I struggle with things like coding, and cant contribute a lot money-wise. I am great with graphics, and can make logos, buttons, or anything needed. Tell me what you think. Here is my main forum right now, it is pretty new, but progressing well.
http://www.graphixcentral.net/portal.php

Hazel

Forum Fanatic
Hey Hazel, I am very interested. I have been looking into doing something like this, and you seem to be just what I have been looking for. I am very good with managing the forum and users, and making the forum look good, but I struggle with things like coding, and cant contribute a lot money-wise. I am great with graphics, and can make logos, buttons, or anything needed. Tell me what you think. Here is my main forum right now, it is pretty new, but progressing well.
http://www.graphixcentral.net/portal.php

I actually quite like the look of that forum and I would certainly be interested in partnering with you. Would you be interested in moving the forum to VB on private hosting?

SJNez46

Neophyte
I actually quite like the look of that forum and I would certainly be interested in partnering with you. Would you be interested in moving the forum to VB on private hosting?

yes, I would be very interested in that. I have been wanting to do so for a while but dont have the resources to do it alone right now. Sounds like this could work out well.

Hazel

Forum Fanatic
yes, I would be very interested in that. I have been wanting to do so for a while but dont have the resources to do it alone right now. Sounds like this could work out well.
Great! Sounds promising.

I added you on AIM if you want to talk further on there.
Mine is SJNez46
I've added you so we can talk further tomorrow morning.

Sir Rusty

Participant
Hey I am interested in this. I have experiences in Vbulletin, IPB, Nuclear BB, UseBB, MyBB, AEF, phpBB,and! Developing a forum software "GSW.Boards". I have a mind ;)! It would be nice working with you. I used to have a big board using Create My BB. I had 1,306 members and over 10,000 post's until they cut it off. So now I have a different forum. Here you go:
www.goofyspeedway.net (Theme Doesn't work on IE ;)! Works on FF.

Thats my forum. My admin experience is: Guru or Advanced.
I been doing this for almost 2 years now. I done alot.
I know:

HTML
PHP
Javascript
XHTML
GML (Game Maker Language)
CSS

I know alot ;) I make GFX too. xD! So it would be nice if you would come and helped me.
Last forum I help was http://www.pokemoncrater.com/
Check there forums ;)! Also, I still work here:
www.miydia.com Its a cool site.
Area Experience: Client-Side (ACP and Working on web), Server-Side, Managing, Coding and Common Sense.
I'm very helpful and nice ;)!

tony84

Adherent
surely your site should work in IE and not just FF, your losing more than 50% of a potential audience

Sir Rusty

Participant
surely your site should work in IE and not just FF, your losing more than 50% of a potential audience

No just this current theme. This halloween theme stinks >.< I'mma change it when halloween ends at 12:00 EST

Hazel

Forum Fanatic
a technology board,
Any more details?

Hey I am interested in this. I have experiences in Vbulletin, IPB, Nuclear BB, UseBB, MyBB, AEF, phpBB,and! Developing a forum software "GSW.Boards". I have a mind ;)! It would be nice working with you. I used to have a big board using Create My BB. I had 1,306 members and over 10,000 post's until they cut it off. So now I have a different forum. Here you go:
www.goofyspeedway.net (Theme Doesn't work on IE ;)! Works on FF.

Thats my forum. My admin experience is: Guru or Advanced.
I been doing this for almost 2 years now. I done alot.
I know:

HTML
PHP
Javascript
XHTML
GML (Game Maker Language)
CSS

I know alot ;) I make GFX too. xD! So it would be nice if you would come and helped me.
Last forum I help was http://www.pokemoncrater.com/
Check there forums ;)! Also, I still work here:
www.miydia.com Its a cool site.
Area Experience: Client-Side (ACP and Working on web), Server-Side, Managing, Coding and Common Sense.
I'm very helpful and nice ;)!
Unfortunately, the VB license is already taken if you want to use it. I am, however, happy to help you.

Hazel

Forum Fanatic
I am interested I run a large gaming community : www.ooorgle.com and yeah will be hopefully moving to VB could use another expert. Perks = resources ;].
You wanted personal information for no satisfactory reason, i'm sorry that i couldn't accept those terms.

Okay, That would be lovely.
Ok, where do we start? Do you have msn, so we can talk easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.