Paid Contributors for Short Articles and/or Video Uploads

Discussion in 'Community Cooperative' started by Drastic, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    Name of site Trending Views
    Link to forum: https://TrendingViews.co - we ditched the forum and use comment section only now. People stopped posting in the forum and went straight to media comments, so we no longer maintain both options.

Genre: Politics, news, entertainment (mostly celeb drama).

Total number of posts the forum has received: old forum had 30k, new version has about 10k content posts

Seeking contributor to write short articles and/or upload videos so we can focus on other tasks.

Paid Position (yes/no): we have two payment systems in place with your own stats panel. one for pay per content (set price) and one for pay per views (earn a revshare split over time). We will discuss this option with the contributors.

We focus mostly on videos, so that's really what we're looking for. Articles are nice too, if that's more your thing. We like both, so putting the option out there.

How do you wish to be contacted: here.

2. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,326
    Hey Drastic - the contact form on your site is not working. The captcha always returns the 'captcha invalid' error.
    I'm interested in this and will PM you what I was typing in the contact form shortly. Cheers dude. :tup:

J.

3. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    I replied. The content you want to write doesn't really make sense for our audience though.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  4. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    PoetJC see PM - different topics available if interested.

5. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    Here's a list of our current categories.

When we give these stories to writers/bloggers, we do the titles, pictures, category, and provide the source link.

The only job of the writer is to do the text, which is about 200-300 words.

We put our stories in a list of stories that need to be posted and writers pick what they like. Writers can also pitch their own stories and we approve/deny as needed.

Current payout is $6 per post and these take about 15-20 minutes to do. Just read the source story, then redo it in your own words and cite the source whichis appropriate to do, and we always link to our sources.

Crank out 3-4 an hour and its $18-$24 an hour.

BONUS

we have a writer's BACKLINK added under every one of their posts. This means you can promote your own website, an e-commerce link, your mailing list, or whatever you want. You also get a profile with all your social media links, so we'll get some eyes on you.

6. PoetJC

+5,326
    I just sent an email through your contact form.
    I'd be interested to see what stories and/or source links you are looking to get covered. Definitely interested - so please let me know how I can sign up to see the aforementioned stats panel or list of stories/links.

Thanks!

J.

7. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    Sounds good. I'll chat with ya there since I'll see that a lot faster.

8. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    We have a need for politics, sports, gaming.

If anyone is into those, hit me up.

9. PoetJC

+5,326
    Every single time I've checked for new articles there are none that show. :(

J.

10. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    They get taken super fast!

11. PoetJC

+5,326
    I would love for you to do me a solid and maybe holla @ me via Skype a few minutes before you post any new available pieces. I'd love the opportunity to show you my writing style. But it's impossible if there are no available pieces lol.

J.

12. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    I don't got time for skype lol

I log on like once every 8 months, wait for it to update and load 10,000 missed messages, say hi, then log off again haha

You can pitch stories anytime via my email. I'll give you a yes/no and feedback accordingly.

Our political season is gonna heat up soon, so straight up fact based stories is what we're after. The most boring and factual things you can find.

13. overcast

overcast Adherent

+74
    Apart from politics, are you looking for any other specific content on regular basis?

14. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    I actually just came here to say I would love to do more regular entertainment and sports.

With football on the return, that's gonna be a huge one for us.

For those categories, it would be paid on a revshare model, which is currently $3 per 1k views. I'm making, on a good day, about $4-6 per k with my traffic. I basically split it. There's also days where Google is absolutely awful and pays less than $2 and I'm like, oh crap. I'm actually gonna ditch them next week. They just don't work for me very well.

It's gonna be a slow start, but with enough short informative pieces in sports and entertainment, and some freedom to pick your own stories, I think we could nail something pretty good here and start to move my politics crowd into the less hostile content.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.