Outdated Templates

diadi

Enthusiast
Would I lose anything if I merged these templates? I have not personally modified these three. If I merge and something breaks do I have an option to revert it back?

Screenshot from 2014-10-28 18:50:49.png

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
If automerge doesn't work, then when you click Merge changes, it'll show you the custom and parent versions and give you the option to merge using either or both or editing manually.

Steve

Fanatic
You would be best updating XenBase, merge works but it can get quite confusing with a complex template such as the page_container or the navigation in XenBase.

There is also a template history when viewing the template, so yes you can revert..I think :p

diadi

Enthusiast
Automatic merge didn't do anything. I think I'll go with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" for now.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Automatic merge didn't do anything. I think I'll go with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" for now.
If you're not using the latest version of XenBase, then it's probably worth upgrading it like Steve suggested :)

diadi

Enthusiast
What do you mean? You hit merge and it still shows outdated?

I clicked the automatic merge, refreshed the page in a second and everything still outdated as show in my screen shot above. No other messages popped up.

If you're not using the latest version of XenBase, then it's probably worth upgrading it like Steve suggested :)

I'm using 1.4.1. I see 1.4.2 is 25 US?

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/zipped.2961/update?update=12334

Russ

Administrator
Did you by chance upgrade the style before you upgraded the board?

diadi

Enthusiast
No. The XF is a fresh download and install (moved to XF about a week ago). I think that the Style was only compatible up to 1.4.1. :rolleyes: