Domain Name(s) out of the blue, Google thinks my site is "dangerous & deceptive"

Discussion in 'Domains and SSL Certificates' started by dimitris, Nov 27, 2019.

1. dimitris

dimitris Aspirant

+1
    My domainname is in greek letters and it's been up and running for 11 years now.

I run af forum and a couple of months back I have migrated from vB4 to Xenforo.

I think it's since the migration that visitors have been getting an error when visiting with chrome, that it might be "a website of dangerous & deceptive content" (I get the message in Greek) and you need to take extra action to actually proceed to the website.

I contacted the host and they tell me it's because of google and that I should follow these guidelines here.

a) I am not sure as to why Google would think of my website as "dangerous & deceptive". Not the slightest clue. Does anybody have any suggestion?

b) I read in the guidelines "Verified ownership of your site in Search Console". In which Search Console?

Thanks

2. Joel R

Joel R Fan

+764
    Google Search Console - you want to sign up anyways to see how your site ranks

Do you use HTTPS?

3. mbordelon

mbordelon Neophyte

+4
    Sounds to me like you don't have an SSL certificate set up. Https instead of http.

4. haqzore

haqzore Devotee

+1,256
    I've seen the "deceptive" warnings before - I don't think they're related to https.

I don't remember https warnings ever containing "deceptive"... Could be wrong though.

5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,706
    Have you checked your domain for blacklisting?

6. dimitris

dimitris Aspirant

+1
    I don't think it's the SSL.

How do I do that?

Is there no way to know what google thinks goes wrong with my site?

7. NobleMan1969

NobleMan1969 Aspirant

+5
    Had this issue before as it turns out it was HTTP/HTTPS.

8. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,486
    Just follow the information detailed in the link provided by your host.

9. dimitris

dimitris Aspirant

+1
    But you see in that link you need to take action depending whether it's a case of:
    A. Hacked site
    B. Unwanted software (including malware)
    C. Phishing or Social Engineering

To be honest I don't think it's either of them. But even if it was. How can I know that?
    (The host run a test and it doesn't seem to be a malware problem.)

I mean, Google says something is wrong. Does it tell us what does it think it's wrong?

10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,706
  11. dimitris

dimitris Aspirant

+1
    thanks. Here are the results:

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.