Open cart error

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by newbie27, Jan 6, 2018.

1. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
    I have problem with my opencart. I installed a wrong version of the theme. Notice: Error: Could not load template /home1/account/public_html/mysite.com/catalog/view/theme/common/footer! in /home1/user/public_html/mysite.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storage_modification_system_engine_loader.php on line 99

I tried to delete the new theme opencart_root/catalog/view/theme to remove the theme
    but still the same error. What should i do? I can still access my backend and still able to install a new theme.

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,650
    Did you switch back to the default theme for all users.

3. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
    What do you mean? I go to system - setting - store -general then change template to default.

4. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,650
  5. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
    That's what i did. Can you help me please what files i should remove? Maybe if i can remove all the files i uploaded then it might come back to normal. I just can't remember the files that i moved from the downloaded file to different folders in Opencart folder. Maybe i mistakenly moved some folders to the wrong location. Thanks

OpenCart 2 Theme Free Car Audio Lemon the theme i installed.

6. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,650
    Its to long for me that i worked with opencart, it can be that something is cached.

7. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
    I didnt get your point. by the way, thanks

8. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,650
    Does the footer file exist in the directory if not upload it to the correct directory.

9. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
  10. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
    I checked the folder catalog/view/theme/common/footer! and i only have "default" folder and the recent theme that i installed which is "yoocolor" when i was already in "theme" directory. I cant find the "common" directory. Should i have a "common" folder there? if so, where can i get that? thanks

11. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,650
    Download the version you installed and check if it exist there.

12. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
    I extracted an opencart 2.1.0.1. I didnt install it but after i extracted, i saw the same folder which my installation has. I wasnt able to see the directory that error shows mysite.com/catalog/view/theme/common/footer! but found the footer.tpl in another path. /catalog/view/theme/default/template/common

What do you think? Thanks

13. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,650
    No i have no ideas anymore.

14. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
    thanks

15. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
    I hope someone will give me an idea how to fix this. thanks

16. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated ass-hat

+3,404
    It almost looks like you are using a caching add-on? If so, have you tried clearing that cache?

17. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
    Thanks. I tried this but nothing changed. I tried to go to system folder and look for cache folder but i dont see one.

18. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated ass-hat

+3,404
    I'm not familiar with Opencart, but did find this

19. newbie27

newbie27 Enthusiast

+2
    I have 2.1.0.1 version. I deleted all the files then i reload my site. After i checked the folder, all the files are there again :(

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.