Resource icon

XenForo OneSignal Push Notifications - Now With Simple Install 1.1.11.2

No permission to download

Ummagumma

Adherent
usually it's just click the little info icon to the left of the HTTPS padlock / URL box(?), then click the X to delete the permission you've set
Agreed, but it's failed miserably and not worked. Deleted cookies, cache the lot. So have uninstalled for now.

MrDevil

Neophyte
Hello,

we us this Add-On in a german Forum. But all Messages are in english ;(
In the ACP we have already Germanized everything.
What are we doing wrong?

andybond

Neophyte
Hello,

we us this Add-On in a german Forum. But all Messages are in english ;(
In the ACP we have already Germanized everything.
What are we doing wrong?

the phrases in the addon will be in English , not German.

You will need to find them in the templates and update as needed

MrDevil

Neophyte
If you get this message

{"errors":["Only a maximum of 200 tags and operators can be used at a time. Consider using include_player_ids instead if possible."]}

pierce

Habitué
I've made a xf2 add-on so I'm ready to start on an update for this.

The error above shows that the add-on does indeed not send one at a time. I didn't even know that was a limit! I am assuming that's over 200 people subscribed to a thread...

For folks who are using this addon and have EU visitors, how are you handling the GDPR opt in requirement?

pierce

Habitué
For folks who are using this addon and have EU visitors, how are you handling the GDPR opt in requirement?

Like google adsense. Its your problem.

That is the short rude answer.

The other answer is that it doesn't (shouldn't) collect data on clients that do not opt in for push notifications.

Also OneSignal blog post:

https://onesignal.com/blog/product-policy-updates-for-gdpr/
  1. Providing the option to not store end-user IP addresses, and by default, not storing the IP addresses of end-users from countries within the EU.

2. For all clients, beginning on May 21st, 2018, we will discontinue building data models with data nor will we monetize any EU user data with our business and analytics partners. For our Enterprise clients, we have introduced a Data Processor Agreement (DPA) which formally designates us as a Processor for all data.

3. Releasing updated versions of our SDKs to make it easier for our clients to prevent user data from being sent to OneSignal until a user explicitly consents,

4. Adding support to our API for the deletion of user data. Additionally, we are reducing our data retention period of deleted data to 72 hours.

5. Updating our user data exporting capabilities to make it easier to search for and export user data from OneSignal. This will help our clients meet individual user requests for restriction, erasure, and data portability.

6. Preparing a guide on how to use OneSignal for push notifications without sending us personal user data.
The only thing the mod sent to OneSignal is the tags. Which was user id, a forum id (if guest) and an encrypted string for validation.

The push request only sends a user id/and short message which has to be sent.

Id lump it into the privacy policy, where you have your cookie policy already right?

Something like:

If you opt into OneSignal push notifications, in order to provide this service will send some data to them in order to full fill this request. Information being sent will be:

Your forum user id.
An encrypted version of your forum user id.
The message that you see in the push notice.

OneSignal does not store the ip address of end-users from the EU, it does not build any data models or monetize any EU data collected by the use of this service.

With this policy change it should also quieten the pandemonium on this thread in earlier posts about how wide reaching the use of user data was.

pierce

Habitué
Again GDPR is all about consent. Or education of the user.

May I have your permission to do x,y and z. I agree with it. Its an expansion of the cookie consent notice, which i found a bit rubbish.

Its not about the user saying no and freely using your site. As i just replied to the GDPR thread there is a choice to globally disable ad targeting on adsense as a user on any site.

I absolutely hate sending an email for support to be auto subbed time and time again to a news letter i didn't know i was agreeing to.

So its a form of consumer protection. We will get used to it, users will get used to it and advertisers etc will get used to it.

johndinc

Neophyte
I've made a xf2 add-on so I'm ready to start on an update for this.

If you need to help please let me know or contact with me. I used XF1 version (It was created by you-Again Thanks) on my site When I upgrated to XF2, my members wanted it again.
I created it but I do not want to share because This is your labor, and applause is yours.
Best regards.

Ovunc Dinc

upload_2018-5-27_21-41-55.png

upload_2018-5-27_21-39-6.png

upload_2018-5-27_21-42-44.png

pierce

Habitué
I'm actually blown away.

What do you want to do?

I've always been open to someone taking it beyond what I started that was the whole point of the version 1.x was to inspire someone else better than me.

johndinc

Neophyte
I'm actually blown away.

What do you want to do?

I've always been open to someone taking it beyond what I started that was the whole point of the version 1.x was to inspire someone else better than me.

I m sure you can do it better than XF1 version. I just wanna say if you need to suggestion or code examples I will ready to share my examples with you.

As you know XF2 code structure is different to XF1 and when I create to useralert.php I used diffrent class extensions and modifications, each user can manege to alert.

For example user can choose the alerts on profile page.

New profile posts
New medias ...etc

And admins can send to text alert messages on the administration panel option.

I know you have more extra ideas but all developers need to time and suggestion to create it better addons.

The target is just developed the this add-on.
Thats all.
Best regards

johndinc

Neophyte

Alpha1

Administrator
I didn't use KL -Notification Service Framework. But if you want to ask something I will analyze.
I think there is value in using the notification service framework. if you are willing to look into it, then this would be great.