XenForo OneSignal Push Notifications - Now With Simple Install 1.1.11.2

Exclusive on TAZ One Signal notifications for Xenforo

1. Ummagumma

Ummagumma Adherent

+237
    Agreed, but it's failed miserably and not worked. Deleted cookies, cache the lot. So have uninstalled for now.

2. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,219
  3. MrDevil

MrDevil Neophyte

+1
    Hello,

we us this Add-On in a german Forum. But all Messages are in english ;(
    In the ACP we have already Germanized everything.
    What are we doing wrong?

4. andybond

andybond Neophyte

+0
    the phrases in the addon will be in English , not German.

You will need to find them in the templates and update as needed

5. MrDevil

MrDevil Neophyte

+1
    no! :( the phrases are hardcodet :(

i found the phrases thanks

6. MrDevil

MrDevil Neophyte

+1
    If you get this message

{"errors":["Only a maximum of 200 tags and operators can be used at a time. Consider using include_player_ids instead if possible."]}

7. pierce

pierce Habitué

+666
    I've made a xf2 add-on so I'm ready to start on an update for this.

The error above shows that the add-on does indeed not send one at a time. I didn't even know that was a limit! I am assuming that's over 200 people subscribed to a thread...

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • List
  8. Shin Ryoku

Shin Ryoku Fan

+253
    For folks who are using this addon and have EU visitors, how are you handling the GDPR opt in requirement?

9. pierce

pierce Habitué

+666
    Like google adsense. Its your problem.

That is the short rude answer.

The other answer is that it doesn't (shouldn't) collect data on clients that do not opt in for push notifications.

Also OneSignal blog post:

https://onesignal.com/blog/product-policy-updates-for-gdpr/
    The only thing the mod sent to OneSignal is the tags. Which was user id, a forum id (if guest) and an encrypted string for validation.

The push request only sends a user id/and short message which has to be sent.

Id lump it into the privacy policy, where you have your cookie policy already right?

Something like:

With this policy change it should also quieten the pandemonium on this thread in earlier posts about how wide reaching the use of user data was.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  10. pierce

pierce Habitué

+666
    Again GDPR is all about consent. Or education of the user.

May I have your permission to do x,y and z. I agree with it. Its an expansion of the cookie consent notice, which i found a bit rubbish.

Its not about the user saying no and freely using your site. As i just replied to the GDPR thread there is a choice to globally disable ad targeting on adsense as a user on any site.

I absolutely hate sending an email for support to be auto subbed time and time again to a news letter i didn't know i was agreeing to.

So its a form of consumer protection. We will get used to it, users will get used to it and advertisers etc will get used to it.

11. HMHLee

HMHLee Neophyte

+1
    Hi piercepierce - glad to see you working on an xf2 update for this.

If you are looking for any testers In the future I have an active community I’d be willing to use :)