Thanks for sharing :)

3. pierce

pierce Habitué

+600
    thank you very much

4. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Womanizer

+144
    This seems pretty nice. I'm going to need to set aside some time to go through the motions but I will...

5. woody

woody eternal noobie

+53
    Looking forward to testing once the Download is available :)

6. pierce

pierce Habitué

+600
    If anybody wants a demo site I'm in the middle of setting up HTTPS://tuber.city

I am using the site above to teach my cousin how to set up a site so it's slow progress but we are getting there.

woodywoody I can see the download button?? Ah no blue dot.

https://theadminzone.com/license/

Attached Files:

7. woody

woody eternal noobie

+53
    easy fix....on it :) Odd, since I could see the DL button for another Resource, but it looks like it isn't tied to a specific forum software either....

8. pierce

pierce Habitué

+600
    let me know how you get on :)

9. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Womanizer

+144
    Thank you for posting the test site. It works awesome on my Chrome desktop browser. On my Android phone it gets a little more complicated. Is that "Unblock Notifications" popup because of my phone's specific settings? Or does everyone get that?

Screenshot_20170216-120658.png

10. pierce

pierce Habitué

+600
    Its only because when you visited the site, it either said allow or block and you hit block...

You can also tap on the Green https lock and it should say

https tuber....
    your connection is private... details

Notifications.... Allowed (for me, yours are probably different)

11. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Womanizer

+144
    That's the thing - I never hit anything to block the site. When I visited, at the bottom right was --- oh --- that "bell" at the bottom - I did click that. I never saw it before so I figured that was the button to hit to communicate with OneSignal... I think most people might do that... The bell is the only unique thing on my Android screen that indicated some type of direct communication...

12. pierce

pierce Habitué

+600
    Hmm, normally it should ask.

Try:
    -snip-

Do they do the same?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  13. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Womanizer

+144
    When I first visit any of the sites, there's a little "1" in the red bell. I click it to see what that "message" is and - I'm not fast enough to take the screen shot - but it basically says the click the bell to receive notifications. I do - but nothing else happens. If I click the bell again, I get that popup pictured in my screenshot.

This doesn't sound like anything you have control over. It sounds like OneSignal's "thing"...

14. eva2000

eva2000 Habitué

+647
  15. pierce

pierce Habitué

+600
    Sal CollazianoSal Collaziano i have only seen this happen in incognito mode.

The thread 30,000 reasons wouldnt be gaining 340+ subs a day if everybody had to do that.

eva2000eva2000 i must give you credit where due, it was your site i first seen it. That is why I was asking you about it :). I did not want to go back to mobile apps and thought browser notifications were the way forward.

16. eva2000

eva2000 Habitué

+647
    ah now I remember ;) :D

Just i am not pushing for every forum alert. Just manual notice push outs for security and critical bug fixes for Centmin Mod LEMP stack users :)

17. Sal Collaziano

Sal Collaziano Womanizer

+144
    I'm definitely not in incognito mode but it's probably something to do with my device's specific security settings. Let's just table it and come back to this if anyone else has a similar issue.

18. pierce

pierce Habitué

+600
    All I can say is that adoption wouldn't be at 8500 devices per month if it was any more than "Accept or block".

upload_2017-2-16_17-29-38.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  19. pierce

pierce Habitué

+600
    eva2000eva2000 is right about click through it is about 10%.

When I was doing some interesting things like aggregating RSS to onesignal notices my problem was the volume was too high. (I have the code but requires full shell access and cronjobs and is 0% user friendly)

Example:

upload_2017-2-16_17-36-22.png

You can see the normal traffic my campaigns generated. The bit in the middle was when i was using the "lastnode_id" tag with RSS aggregation..

I personally decided against it because it was annoying people too much. Maybe 3-4 complaints over a month, explaining to users how to block notices even though every notice comes with a gear symbol allowing you to turn them off. So it was able to generate 4500 sessions. Analytics says 12,400....

That was when I had 15,000 devices registered~ i have no idea how much it would be now. I would be almost afraid to push a notice to that many devices.....

20. Tecca

Tecca Fan

+375
    Awesome! Thanks for the plugin, I'll give it a shot tonight or this weekend. I've been using OneSignal on a non-XenForo site for quite some time now and it's a great solution.