Oh goodness I forgot the responsiveness

Discussion in 'Community Styling' started by Kirk, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Kirk

Kirk Coder/Designer

+295
    So recently I've created a thread in the community promotion for my latest gaming community lag.one . With that being said we created a custom style from scratch and forgot the responsiveness :'(. Anywho... With that being said I'm not that strong in responsive design at this moment and was wondering what should I do in this case.

I have the #rekt theme installed as a alternative theme which is currently responsive ready. I can switch that to the main theme as a temporarily situation.

In the end while I got the custom non-responsive style and i want to make it responsive how much do you folks it would cost if i got a extra pair of hands to help me make it responsive?

-Kirk

2. Steve

Steve Administrator

+2,588
    What version of xf was that style created on? I ask because the jump many trigger is from way back in the 1.0 days.

Ugh never mind brain fart...

3. Steve

Steve Administrator

+2,588
    Oh to answer your question, it would likely cost much higher than it would to start over with a style already responsive XF 1.5 for example.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  4. Wyvh

Wyvh Aspirant

+19
    Looks like we don't really have a choice. :l

5. insaneadmin

insaneadmin Enthusiast

+188
    You could turn that Responsive but it either wouldn't be fully or it would take some nice amount of monies to make it so. Starting off with the theme and tweaking it to your needs would be my choice.

And don't forget Google Chrome/Chromium and others have nice Development Tools to give you an idea how your page(s) will look in those devices. #VivalaDevTools

What I'm talking about:
    vivaladevtools.png

Note the menu showing at Top left, you click that Icon to activate the device toolbar. As you can see at the very top, I have it on acting like an Apple iPhone 6 Plus but you can change it to others, add your own and even set to Responsive to just resize to your heart's content! :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  6. Steve

Steve Administrator

+2,588
    What version of xf are you?

7. Kirk

Kirk Coder/Designer

+295
    Latest XF 1.x version

8. Steve

Steve Administrator

+2,588
    Is responsive just disabled?

Style Properties > Responsive Design?

9. Kirk

Kirk Coder/Designer

+295
    It's enabled :$

10. Steve

Steve Administrator

+2,588
    I see that now that I've looked. Lot of fixes needed....

11. Kirk

Kirk Coder/Designer

+295
    from your professional opinion how much $$$ or hours would need to be done to get it fixed?

12. Matt C.

Matt C. Gaming Fanatic

+86
    Forgive me for being frank, but I feel it is necessary in this case. While your theme looks cool, there are numerous issues with it and it plain looks incomplete. With your responsiveness problem, I think it would save you a lot of time and money to go with a theme like UI.X which you can customize to look like your current theme.

13. Kirk

Kirk Coder/Designer

+295
    good thing I have a License i just have to renew :p

14. Wyvh

Wyvh Aspirant

+19
    Thank you guys for your replies, we highly appreciate it. I'll be looking for doing a new theme -and responsive this time- with UI.X as a base with Kirk.