Official Style Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Bitnull, Jun 5, 2014.

1. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    I'm using FF, latest version

2. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,835
    Ya there is no padding, a set width with text-align: center.

3. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    OSX? My padding looks like how it does on AA, and I haven't over-ridden any stylesheet settings for padding.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,192
    Are you resizing your browser by chance or is this on a device? I cannot replicate it, the responsive setting is 480px on narrow and adjust correctly for me.

5. Mark.B

Mark.B Tazmanian

+514
    I'm not seeing the padding issue, but I am on FF 28, having steadfastly refused to touch 29.

6. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    Look at this one, the number 187 box. There is no padding at all, while all others using single numbers look OK.

5.PNG

It seems to be inconsistent as though no padding is used for left and right, and in some areas single numbers look OK, while in other areas they look wrong (like in my other screen-shot posted).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  7. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    GTB, link to that thread?

I accidentally updated mine and couldn't bother downgrading to FF 27 again. It isn't bad once you install something called "Old Firefox" onto it. It makes it look like the old one. Behaves nearly the same way too.

8. Mark.B

Mark.B Tazmanian

+514
    Yeah, at work it got forced on me and I managed to get some sort of "old style" skin to cover it.

If I wanted Chrome I'd use it (although I do have it installed).

9. darnoldy

darnoldy Curmudgeon

+481
    I was using Firefox's "View responsive layouts" tool.

10. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
  11. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045

Why won't you touch 29.0.1

12. Mark.B

Mark.B Tazmanian

+514
    Because the look is just like Chrome and you can't easily move buttons around.

13. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    Exactly, but Chrome is horrible with its memory usage. Saw it taking up 22 GB of RAM the other day. I do like ho FF 29 handle JS intensive pages, but I do not like the new color of the debugging tool. I preferred the dark blue look it had.

Not quite true. I don't know what you've installed for the old look, but mine allows everything to moved around. I can't even tell it's FF 29 aside from the new bookmarking method, which I abhor.

14. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    You must be hiding the menu bar then, I don't with it.

6.PNG

15. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    I stopped using mine when the old new style came out in 2010. The old menu is useful for very few things aside from legacy style extensions.

16. meetdilip

meetdilip Tazmanian Master

+733
    On latest version of Firefox on Ubuntu 14.04. I too see like GTB posted. But it is ok with me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
  17. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    It may not be specific to this forum. I see XenForo.com shows same when you get into 3 numbers displayed.

9.PNG

18. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,835
  19. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    Just seeing this.

It's not bad per-se, the problem is that there is no distinct role. I appreciate the efforts Kier and Mike have put in for delivering a quality product, but common sense would indicate that a developer has made the current UX difficult. As a moderator or admin, I shouldn't have to visit different modal boxes to get what I want. It needs to be unified in one box where I can adjust things quickly or send a spammer on their way. Essentially what they've done is simplify the click-to-click procedure for doing things. The lack of backend moderation control also makes the new process difficult. To view all names associated with an IP, I need to run the spam cleanup tool with a single option enabled. A large problem if you accidentally forgot to uncheck the other boxes and send a legitimate member on their way. Not to tarnish their effort or make this discussion a dig at XF as a software, but given this is a new implementation I expected less of a half-baked feature.

20. s.molinari

s.molinari Leader of Skooppa

+1,952
    That is the problem of having administrative functions on the front end. They have to be "packed on top" and possible too compact and thus, might cause users to feel the way you do. It is a tightrope act.

Scott

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.