Official Style Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Bitnull, Jun 5, 2014.

1. s.molinari

s.molinari Leader of Skooppa

+1,952
    Interesting note Alex. I am a bit torn myself between such front-end tools and back-end tools. It is a real hard call to make. On the one side, you definitely want to give quick and easily reached functions to your team (not available to the standard users), but on the other side, looking at it from an extensible system point of view, those functions go beyond the standard user functionality and thus, they are "packed" on top of a standard user view. This makes the general team functions a bit more complicated to extend, as it sets certain predefined UI boundaries, which you could leave quite a bit more open in a back-end environment.

Scott

2. PaulKet

PaulKet Habitué

+939
    I think the new style is outstanding and have no issues with it. I'm just wondering how long it will be before we see the Resorce Manager here?

3. Lycaon

Lycaon Devotee

+223
    This is by far the best XF style I've seen in a long time.

I was a little worried at first that the new style would end up being similar to AdEx's style which to be honest I near on hated.

4. Mark.B

Mark.B Tazmanian

+514
    Just a suggestion this, and I'm not remotely fussed, but...I think there's too much padding in quotes.
    It looks like someone hasn't quoted properly and left load of white space in.

5. Andrew B.

Andrew B. Fan

+133
    Adding a blank line or one small text stat would probably fix this. Or maybe just reducing the proportion of that stat box would help.

6. Jack_Rouse

Jack_Rouse Use The Force

+162
    The RSS icons are back to front, they are normally dim, then appear better when hovered, I keep thinking they are dirty marks on my screen

7. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,835
    That's easy to fix, just clean your screen.

8. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    White space also isn't literally white. It just means open space that provides balance to design. This is the first time I've ever seen someone refer it to the color or actual brightness.

9. Mark.B

Mark.B Tazmanian

+514
    I'd go as far as to say this is the best XenForo style I have seen.

One of the things I've been doing quite a bit recently, is taking vB5 sites that used to be on vB4, looking at the web archive captures of their former style, and attempting to recreate and improve on that in vB5.

So I've been watching this with interest as it's a similar concept, implementing the previous look and feel on different software.

Certainly a lot of the issues I have with standard XF sites are gone here, and I don't get headaches.

10. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    Alright, who's hacked Mark's account?

11. CarlosX360

CarlosX360 Fan

+143
    HAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha.

12. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,326
    Shame on you hahahahaha
    aimageup.jacquiidesigns.com_di_UIP2.gif

13. darnoldy

darnoldy Curmudgeon

+481
    Really nice job! Only one small thing I saw...

At 480px wide, the Poster information takes up quite a bit of real estate—I'd change the configuration to the one you have for narrower widths sooner.

Attached Files:

14. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    To be honest I prefer the theme Admin Talk uses. I wasn't that keen on it first, mainly because of the green colour. But it's grown on me and think the theme itself is very well put together.

15. Mark.B

Mark.B Tazmanian

+514
    I would respectfully disagree. This knocks spots of that.

16. Deimos

Deimos Devotee

+1,296
    I found the AE theme to bold, lots of bold colours which just looked "off"
    This theme is a lot softer on the eyes, more pleasing and easier to read.

17. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    To be fair, it had been a while since I'd seen Mark make a positive post that I took a second glance to see if it was him or someone with a similar username. No hard feelings. Though I'm glad he likes it. That said, we could tone down the main post area to a softer warm color. The postbit itself us running a lighter variant of our hospital green color. We'll be updating that bit of terminology to seafoam green.

18. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    Yeah, but you can blame Lisa for that, the old owner of AE. She has a thing for dark themes, uses same again on her new admin forum (even darker). Which personally I don't think suits any admin forum at all... more a gaming forum.

19. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    Not enough padding right, too much padding bottom.

Taz
    3.PNG

Admin Addict
    4.PNG

Compare both and see what I mean.

20. Alex.

Alex. The Ancient Dragon

+1,197
    What browser are you using? Padding looks fine and not like that on Firefox.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.