Obnoxious Video Adverts

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
What's with all of the video adverts which I keep running into on blogs, forums, sites, etc. these days every day?

It's getting to the point where much of the internet is practically unusable without Adblock and this isn't great for webmasters who don't abuse adverts like that to make a quick buck as it means that their adverts also lose their impact.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I barely notice them these days unless they open in front of whatever I'm reading (that's annoying!). I generally have the sound switched off unless there's something specific I want to listen to so don't hear when the video ads autoplay either. I'm probably a website's worst visitor when it comes to ads :D

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
I know what ads you're talking about. The tiny videos on pages that autoplay and you can't find them. Or the new windows that open with a video hidden away in similar colored areas. I've been using AdBlock since 2006, if not earlier. The internet without it is hardly usable and is capable of slowing down any computer.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
The tiny videos on pages that autoplay and you can't find them.

Those are just as bad as popups!!! I refuse to go to sites that have them, their loss for being retarded about their income efforts!

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
UGH! Absolutely hate auto-playing video adverts. They are so obnoxious and ridiculous really.
Not only that - but there are sites that have 2 or more auto-playing video adverts. All play upon page load and sounds like a hodgepodge of EW!
I click out of those sites and generally don't go back to them.

J.