Question No Drama Queen or Meh?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by DaveL, Feb 13, 2015.

1. DaveL

DaveL Habitué

+203
  2. Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix Coffee Ninja

+1,285
    It was relegated to off topic only, the drama queens kept complaining about being drama queened. :ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. DaveL

DaveL Habitué

+203
    Thanks for the answer.

Got to admit im a little disappointed with TAZ though on this matter. The thread is very much on topic and shouldnt have been moved for the sole reason that someones being rated as a drama queen.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,194
    DaveL I think you misunderstood Merlin 's post. The thread wasn't moved to off topic but the ratings Meh and Drama Queen are only in the off topic areas now.

5. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,835
    The thread wasn't moved but it was the rating that moved to a certain area. I wasn't involved or had an opinion on the matter but I think having the drama queen rating inside areas such at this just caused for non-productive chatter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. DaveL

DaveL Habitué

+203
    Ah my apologies, I totally misunderstood.

Still think it would be good to have the Drama Queen and Meh ratings in all sections of the forum

7. Amaury

Amaury Habitué

+414
    Aw, but they were fun in all areas. You're such a drama queen, Steve. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  8. s.molinari

s.molinari Leader of Skooppa

+1,952
    Now Mr. Disagree will get used more often and then someone will complain again about him being used all the time for their poorly written posts and then TAZ will probably end up removing him too. Might as well just do it now. :rolleyes:

I liked the Meh and Drama Queen ratings and even got one or two myself.:) The world simply isn't always hunky dory and some people should actually realize their opinions aren't mutual or even liked. I'll bet those same people are the one's who complained and TAZ gave in? I am disappointed in the removal. TAZ isn't and shouldn't be known for being a "soft and fluffy warm group hug" kind of place, although it may even happen once in a while. If it were always that way, it would be quite boring. Please, don't make TAZ boring.:)

Scott

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,835
    Facebook, and XenForo both only have likes but it doesn't make it a soft, fluffy and warm place. I don't see how removing a "Drama Queen" rating would make that impression here.

10. R44

R44 Asperger's Network? Absolutely.

+415
    It's a lot more than that, though - in my case it was people downvoting my posts because I bagged XenForo.

I'm at the point now where I don't care what ratings I get. I'm not here to be popular.

11. s.molinari

+1,952
    Then what is the purpose of removing them?

Scott

12. s.molinari

+1,952
    Exactly. If you are going to be contradictory, that is fine. But, also expect to get some flack for it. And better to have flack as a Drama Queen or Meh rating than a useless personal offshoot in the discussion, which will now happen more, than it did before. I'll bet money on it.

Edit: And in general (not pertaining to you R44), usually the flack isn't because of what you say, but because of how you say it and why I said, "poorly written posts". It is one thing to be contradictory, it is another to be an ass.

Scott

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. R44

+415
    Where am I being contradictory - or have I just been at work too long today?

I'll bet an Xpensive Phail Train. Stakes are high in this, see.

14. s.molinari

+1,952
    You said you "bagged Xenforo". That would be contradictory to the many fans of Xenforo on this forum, wouldn't it?

Scott

15. R44

+415
    Oh, I see. I have a contrary opinion to some people on here, I'm not being contradictory. Right - got it :)

16. s.molinari

+1,952
    Um, if the group has one opinion and you have another, you are contradictory to that group and XF has its fans and for good reason. If you hack on XF here, you should expect to get flack. There is nothing wrong with the contradiction at all, if it isn't at any personal level, but you can't expect to have your opinion be accepted or liked by the majority. You should expect the complete opposite.

Scott

17. R44

+415
    Those fans should also realise that one solution won't work for everyone - and for good reason also.

It's one thing to receive in return a well structured argument, it's another entirely to spam the post-rating feature because you don't agree with an opinion.

I reiterate my point - I have no issue with well thought out and well reasoned explanations as to why I am wrong, but spamming a post-rating feature because you don't agree (well, not you s.molinari) is just wrong and shouldn't be permitted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. s.molinari

+1,952
    Each person can only add one rating, so spamming sounds exaggerated and I haven't seen any big issues with overused Drama Queens or Mehs, except with Jack Rouse recently, who is also notorious for the way he voices his opinions and not necessarily for the content or validity of them.

Sometimes it takes a well reasoned and thought out reply to get the same kind of response. However, if Drama Queen or Meh is used, it is usually because the reply isn't thought out or well reasoned to begin with, but rather some form of attack, like with "Fanboi" comments. For that kind of reply, the ratings were perfect and more than not, very much deserved. I am not saying this is the case for your replies. I don't know. I haven't looked back at your posts to find out.

Scott

19. R44

+415
    ... per post. In the example of this thread alone, there has been more than one post from both you and myself.

20. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,477
    We brought the ratings back because people made all the same arguments as above, and then people abused the ratings by not using them the ways listed above but by using them against the poster instead of the post. The content of the post was largely irrelevant a lot of the time, and the ratings were given to a number of posts that, frankly, were not drama-queen or meh type posts. They were given because - for whatever reason - the ratee didn't like the poster.

We get more complaints over the use of those two ratings (and not always by the people receiving them) and they cause more arguments than anything else in the site. We gave them a chance, it didn't work, we removed them. They're still available in the off-topic areas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.