NICOclub vs Wikipedia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NICOCLUBcom, Feb 22, 2007.

1. NICOCLUBcom

NICOCLUBcom Nissan / Infiniti guru

+3
  2. tomekent

tomekent Aspirant

+0
  3. Brad

Brad With the family

+582
    Well you kinda dug your own hole there NICO. Anything you add to the wikipedia automatically becomes licensed under the GFDL which is basically the GPL of text.

While I understand wanting a back link in return for doing a great deal of editing this is just not how wikipedia works. You should not expect such links or anything else in return for submitting content at that site. Hell you shouldn't expect your content to even be there a minute from now as things are always getting edited/updated/reverted at that place.

Take confront in the fact that you're not alone....I've been watching a few 'link wars' over at wikipedia for the last week or so. You have taken the high road though (unlike most) and people should respect that.

4. NICOCLUBcom

+3
    Yep. I agree.

I'm satisfied at this point to watch the fallout. We'll be popping in from time to time to "help" them find links to delete...

For now, we're updating our OWN info to ensure it's current. Any similar changes there will be obvious, and had better be unique. :)

5. PalePhoenix

PalePhoenix Prince of Dorkness

+29
    sigh

Hmph. Your idea of 'satisfaction' is a lot more severe (much like my own). A seven-page scroll of niggardly kvetching isn't your style, but what would you like us to "see?" I've had perfectly cited pages, with no querulous or self-serving links, canned on account of some fool's idea of "relevance." Wikipedia goes through these cycles. One accepts them for the "greater good." I think there's a vandalized page on the current President waiting to piss you off, too. ;)

6. NICOCLUBcom

+3
    Yeah, I guess I'm a bit of a butthole that way.

There's gonna be a LOT more pissed-off webd00ds soon, there's a lot of links to car forums for them to "clean up".

Can't let the boogeyman hide in the closet forever, y'know? ;)

On a side, how've you been Philip? Wanna go have beer and wings at Hooters sometime soon? ;)

7. PalePhoenix

PalePhoenix Prince of Dorkness

+29
    Me and my NPOV can meet for a beer just about any night of the week. I'm in your neighborhood M-Th. [​IMG]