New XenForo Style

Russ

Administrator
This isn't so much a promotion but more... just something I wanted to share as I'm really glad how it's coming out so far.

I figured it was time for a vertical navigation on XenForo. This is literally completely recoded using none of the default XF navigation template except the hooks.

Works with the widget framework as well :) so you can use position all on your widgets if you wanted too.

archon.png
Then in smaller resolutions the button appears and it you're able to slide it out.

archon2.png

Still lots of work to be done but I'm enjoying it :D

Justin

*Insert witty title here*
I think it looks amazing. Maybe In a couple years TAZ will want to switch it up again and do this ;) (Howard)

TheChiro

Devotee
Looks great man. I think you posted an animation of your navigation (on xf?) and it looked great! Keep up the great work!

Adam

Habitué
I'm just wondering how does it handle the responsive design ... ie... How does this look on a mobile phone?

Russ

Administrator
I'm just wondering how does it handle the responsive design ... ie... How does this look on a mobile phone?

Check second screenshot, a little menu icon will appear next to the logo allowing you to slide the panel out. It'll shift the entire page right, kind of like facebook mobile use to do it. I'm still debating on the best approach on the user area. A full search box may go in the sidebar above the nav, right now it functions as a dropdown.

Adam

Habitué
Check second screenshot, a little menu icon will appear next to the logo allowing you to slide the panel out. It'll shift the entire page right, kind of like facebook mobile use to do it. I'm still debating on the best approach on the user area. A full search box may go in the sidebar above the nav, right now it functions as a dropdown.
Just noticed the screenshot after I posted. lol

So how much work was required for you to make this style? Always concerned about long term support. I have a history of finally purchasing X style only to find out so many Y version later that such styles are not kept. Usually (often) that depends on the work needed to maintain them.

Russ

Administrator
Just noticed the screenshot after I posted. lol

So how much work was required for you to make this style? Always concerned about long term support. I have a history of finally purchasing X style only to find out so many Y version later that such styles are not kept. Usually (often) that depends on the work needed to maintain them.

Well as I said the navigation was completely recoded, it's not using any of the default html or css. With that said the new html on the nav is extremely simplified.

Regarding support I don't plan on going anywhere, I do this stuff full time. I like being my own boss and pixelexit continues to grow week by week.

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Good work Russ. Not much a fan of dark themes, but this one is really appealing.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Wow! I saw this post lastnite and couldn't really see the screencaps on mobile... But wow Russ! Looks like a really great start on this design. I've always been a bit partial to vertical navigations - but haven't really seen it done so well on an XF theme. Looks like you might be able to corner the market on this newest theme. Kinda awesome looking and built on a fabulous framework.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

J.

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ

Administrator
Wow! I saw this post lastnite and couldn't really see the screencaps on mobile... But wow Russ! Looks like a really great start on this design. I've always been a bit partial to vertical navigations - but haven't really seen it done so well on an XF theme. Looks like you might be able to corner the market on this newest theme. Kinda awesome looking and built on a fabulous framework.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

J.

Thanks :), it is off the XenBase framework however certain things won't function such as some select navigation properties. But it sliding sidebar works pretty good on it as well as floating nav(in this case the header and the user menu)

Last edited by a moderator: