Not open for further replies.

belindaj

Enthusiast
WHOA - that totally freaked me out!

now to think of a good use for it in my community :lildevil:

ATARI

Habitué
The Sandman said:
Can I get a couple of members to do me a favor and quote this post in a reply. Yes, that means you ATARI!
I do believe you just scared me :noid:

Tefra

Participant
The Sandman said:
Can I get a couple of members to do me a favor and quote this post in a reply. Yes, that means you Tefra!

ah the [YOU] hack i was thinking to install it after a member asked me to do so but i am not so sure about this i have seen some stupid fights because of this.

Last edited:

creasemonkey

Participant
Cool

The Sandman said:
Can I get a couple of members to do me a favor and quote this post in a reply. Yes, that means you creasemonkey!
Woah for a second I thought I did something wrong, then I noticed everyone else's names.

Cool.

potter.rct3

Aspirant
The Sandman said:
Can I get a couple of members to do me a favor and quote this post in a reply. Yes, that means you potter.rct3!
wow! I was for a second wondering why is sandman particularly referring to me :whew:

Link

Adherent
I was so paranoid reading this thread. I'm scared, hold me :/

The Sandman said:
Can I get a couple of members to do me a favor and quote this post in a reply. Yes, that means you theMusicMan!
Heheh... I am here... but why me!!! what I do what I do....:)

phreakwars

Wakka Wakka Wakka
The Sandman said:
phreakwars, didn't you know you were my favorite TAZ member?
Really ?? Does this mean I can be the LEADER here ?? Wow... I'd be crushed if you said no.:violin:

MGM

vBulletin Guru
Pretty cool, I had something like this at my forum at one point but found it to be abused often... I kept seeing threads in my SPAM forum with things like "MGM sucks!" or "MGM, I'm calling you out..." etc. so I removed it so as not to scare off new members :p

MGM out

MGM

vBulletin Guru
I actually did something like that too... I made a thread saying "username has been banned for flooding" .... everyone freaked out saying "I didnt do anything!"

MGM out

simsim

means seasme
This same trick was performed by an admin of a forum I used to participate in a few years ago. I think it was a variable called $bbusername or something. I don't know if vB still using it or not. The variable was on the thread title which says: 'username, you're my favourite member' so it was more eye-catching & members were getting astonished. One member said:
Why? I've just registered 2 hours ago & I haven't posted anything yet! :canttalk: :unhunh:

The thread vastly went into several pages while members realized the trick. It was very funny indeed.

MGM

vBulletin Guru
I've heard of the two, the $whatever method and the [you] method... I have installed both at one point or another :p

MGM out

MGM

vBulletin Guru
ATARI said:
How does this work anyway?
It takes the username of whoever is viewing the thread and replaces a keyword in the post with that username. Could be [you] or [username] or anything.

MGM out

Status
Not open for further replies.