Need to move photos in user albums

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by southernlady, Dec 14, 2018.

1. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+156
    Back when I first started my XF forum, it was in New Years Eve, 2013. One of the things my members wanted but wasn't available AT THE TIME as an official add on with XF were photo albums. So I opted to use xfr's User A;bums, which has worked well.

But with the announcement that 1.5x was EOL, I am going in and trying to figure a way to move those over to individual threads in a designated board.

So what I need to do is figure out how to move the photos out of the user albums to a place 'safe" from an addon so I can keep them so I can uninstall and then delete the old add on. Any ideas?

Liz

2. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Jacquii: Black Kween of Hearts ♠

+5,251
    Hey Liz - I believe XFMG has an importer that works well with importing content from XFR User Albums to XF Media Gallery.
    Should be simple as pie to run the importer. It may be a bit time-consuming - but should work rather well.
    Are you still considering the move to XF 2.x in the near future? If you are - I'm available to assist. So just give me a hollar if you require assistance.
    Cheers girlie ;)

J.

3. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Jacquii: Black Kween of Hearts ♠

+5,251
    Ugh... I just saw your review of Pixel Exit services. Have they built you an XF 2.x theme?
    They do some great work. Can't wait to see it southernladysouthernlady

J.

4. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+156
    I got that ported over.

Yes, it was using one of the ones he’s already released for XF 2.X

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.