Need to add blog to XF forum

Discussion in 'Blogs, Wikis, and other CMP's' started by kaptanjak, Nov 8, 2017.

1. kaptanjak

kaptanjak Aspirant

+1
    I'm building a forum (germanglish.org), and I need to add a blog to it. It's already running XF 2.0, so whatever I end up doing needs to be compatible with that.

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,722
    I dont think there is any ready. XF2 is not even released so i think you need to wait a bit longer.

3. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+881
    As far as I know there's only one Blog add-on that's worth it's weight and that's Bob's over at www.xenaddons.com but it's not updated for XF2 as yet. Perhaps it would have been better for you to start with XF 1.5 and then upgrade when XF2 is more stable and more quality add-ons are ready for it.

we_are_borgwe_are_borg is correct - you will have to wait quite a bit longer as XF2 is not yet ready for supported use.

;)

4. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,722
    User Blog System from Bob is the blog system that runs here on TAZ. It will take time before Bob gets it done his add-on is massive.

5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,429
    If you are wanting to use XF2 now then do not expect many of the XF1 addons to be available to you anytime soon. Honestly, it will take a very long time before XF2 has what addons XF1 has. Think year(s)

6. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+881
    This is what Bob has to say about his XF addons and what is happening regarding XF2 - nothing said about which will be first or last:

https://xenaddons.com/threads/xenforo-2-0-information.2517/

I'd seriously consider using XF1 until it is clear what's going to be available. There's nothing wrong with XF1, it's a tried and tested piece of kit that's worth having and you have access to the addons you need with an upgrade for XF2 when available.

;)

7. kaptanjak

kaptanjak Aspirant

+1
    Yea, I would stay with XF1, except Bob isn't making his blog addon available to new users. He said the XF2 version will be more available, so either way I have to wait for it.

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,429
    User Blog System is a private addon and not publicly available.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.