Need some guidance after switching to self managed VPS

Discussion in 'Servers and Control Panels' started by Dubbed Navigator, Jun 8, 2018.

1. KnownHost

KnownHost Sponsor

+62
    Easy to swap back and forth, you should always have IP access to the server via ssh and via the plesk panel when making these changes.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  2. Dubbed Navigator

Dubbed Navigator Enthusiast

+80
    Sweet, cheers :)

3. Dubbed Navigator

Dubbed Navigator Enthusiast

+80
    So an update on this;

1. I enabled / routed the website on cloudflare. Not overly convinced its made it quicker, but I am hoping its taken some strain off the server.
    2. My emails are now running through 1 and 1 servers rather than through the VPS. I'm fairly sure this has had an immediate effect on deliverabilty, although im still having truble setting a DMARC record being through cloudflare.
    I am still occasionally spiking on my performance and getting a warning from my server whenever theres more than have a dozen users online. Is there anything else I can do to optimise the server?

Also noticed the website has droppped from google search results (unless i directly type the name in) since switching to SSL. Any ideas why?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.