Need a good professional to make some workouts on my Wordpress Theme

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by palhanow, Feb 7, 2019.

1. palhanow

palhanow Participant

+44
    Hello guys.

First, some history: I have a small news website here in Brazil. And my theme is WP-DRUDGE, from the ProperWeb.

I really like the Drudge Style and etecetera, but now comes the problem: ProperWeb was sold to some unknown company to a random guys without websites, contact info, etc. Now my theme is doomed to fade away in the annals of the history in the internet.

I don't have anymore support in their Forum (nobody appears to help people) and the site is not updated since 2017.

I have some small bugs (like date showing wrong), some bugs with images (showing only one in the category page) and some minor things.

I need some small customization too, like creating a few new settings (like when click in a headline in the main page, redirect to another link) and other stuffs.

I need a small re-pagination of the style, creating a more "modern" Drudge style too, but this is not the main issue.

So, i need someone to pick my theme, do the magical voodo programming thing with my money and that's it.

- I need the price round, can pay 50% in the beginning and 50% in the end of the job;
    - The job can be due in parts (first bugs, second new features, third repagination if the job is did nice);
    - After finish, free of bugs, with all original aspects perfectly working;
    - And someone i can really trust to make this.

I really need to save my Wordpress Theme.

And before anyone ask, i don't go to any other themes because all they lack of personality. All too generic (ThemeForest?) and all to the same old thing.

Thanks.

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+1,958
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  3. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Gaming Geek

+1,322
    i can only help with graphic design i cant code unfortunately

4. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+747
    I can look into these problems as they seem more like configuration errors then code errors

let me in, ill kick the tires i wont mess anything up, and ill fix what i can and you can pay me what ever you think my efforts were worth

5. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Jacquii: Black Kween of Hearts ♠

+5,251
    Hi palhanowpalhanow - I work with WordPress and would be delighted to assist.
    In regards to your comment above though - I disagree. I would actually recommend that you choose a WP framework that has a proven record of being supported with updates to fix any bugs and/or add functionality enhancements. The reason being: Your current theme is no longer supported and may present a bit of a security risk. As for themes 'lacking personality' ... An experienced design would be able to create an updated/modern upgrade for you, redesigning your theme on a trusted and more robust framework.

Feel free to PM me if you might be interested in what ideas I have for your site.
    Thanks! And thank you we_are_borgwe_are_borg for the mention ;)

J.

6. palhanow

palhanow Participant

+44
    Oh! Sorry for the delay replying this thread.

I did a small/medium surgery on my mouth and I'm on the bed for the next weeks.

So, let's talk:

Thanks for your reply and interest, fixer.

I don't think the configuration is the problem. The "date issue" just happened without warning. My WP configs is showing exactly the date format that i want, but the post page is not.

And the images problem, well, this can be, because i use the plugin "Featured External Images" and there is a lot of config inside that i don't want to mess up.

What you need for fix my things? Admin Login?

Btw, i don't have access to the server, i don't know if you need it. Just basic CP Panel Options.

Oh! Thanks for the input.

I love so much this theme and I'm so attached to him (was my first when i launched the site), because work for my public. That's why I'm thinking just in make some big edits on him with a professional.

I already tried to buy some themes on themeforest, but they just have the same 'lack of personality' and generic feeling:

The Fox: https://themeforest.net/item/the-fox-contemporary-magazine-theme-for-creators/11103012

and, my last one, Fine Globe: https://themeforest.net/item/fineglobe-classic-newspaper-theme/15971483

The Fine Globe was the most "what i need it" for my site, but man... They use Visual Composer and it's a VERY BIG MESS to configure the theme the way i want. A lot of bugs too and because of this, i deleted the theme and got back to the Drudge Style.

Do you have any insights for my website, following this Drudge and FineGlobe style? I want a newspaper felling with control on where i put the headlines.

Like i said, i can pay if we can reach a business agreement. Your price table for this service is around how much?

7. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+747
    admin cp is fine

8. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+747
    Very nice guy wish i could help you, but i barley know english let alone try to understand your site :) Good Luck hope you find what you are looking for

9. PoetJC

PoetJC ♠ Jacquii: Black Kween of Hearts ♠

+5,251
    I still recommend going with a new, supported & more robust framework than that of your current one.
    Like I said - An experienced designer would be able to customize basically any theme framework to mimic the sort of look that you currently have.
    I'm doing a wee bit of research and will PM you a bit later this afternoon in regards to if I'll be able to assist with the project.
    Thanks!

J.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.