Naming My .com Business

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by BR549, Aug 18, 2011.

1. BR549

BR549 Aspirant

+0
    Looking for opinions on naming my .com business. I am about to file legal paperwork and need to decide.

Which would be a better format?

"My Business Name"

- or -

"My Business Name .com"

- or -

"MyBusinessName.com"

Thank you.

2. BR549

BR549 Aspirant

+0
    Prior to posting this thread, I was heavily favoring this format - "My Business Name .com".

However, after just now noticing the format used by "The Admin Zone", I am favoring this format - "My Business Name".

3. BR549

BR549 Aspirant

+0
    OK, after having a nice little chat with myself :) I'm decided to go with the "My Business Name" format. Thanks "The Admin Zone" for showing me the way.

4. iice74

iice74 Aspirant

+0
    lol, glad the forum could help. Sometimes you just have to take a sec to think about things

5. BR549

BR549 Aspirant

+0
    I got the legal name done today in the format "My Business Name". Really pleased with this decision. Thanks again.

I had been contemplating this for days while building the website. Those I asked about this preferred the sound of a .com version. And my primary online competition uses a .com version. I was very close to making this mistake. Posting on "The Admin Zone" saved me.

What really clarified this decision was realizing the need for branding. First, the website name is already long enough; so leaving off the .com gives it a cleaner brand name type of look on the website. And then I noticed this site and others don't include the .com in their name. Plus, this shorter name gives more room in the banner for my two word slogan.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted