My Theme

Discussion in 'Community Styling' started by TxFootballCoach, May 8, 2012.

1. TxFootballCoach

TxFootballCoach Neophyte

+0
    I've received some constructive criticism about theme being too dark and not very welcoming.

Any theme ideas or suggestions would be AWESOME. Thank you

www.txfootballcoaches.com

2. whocky

whocky Adherent

+8
    For Me, The dark background with the green looks nice, though have to admit when coming to read your forum with the white text i have to agrre that it's hard to read and sends your eyes fuzzy.

I personally would just lighten the background up a little and see how it looks then.

3. dhillis

dhillis Neophyte

+0
    hey guys...i'm the person who set up the forum. Thanks for the help and the tips. I am going to have to look through the template and find the colors. Shouldn't be to hard. Keep the info coming.

4. CharlieDelta

CharlieDelta Aspirant

+3
    The colors are really nice actually but for me it doesn't fit your forum genre or topic.
    If this was a XBox gaming forum then it would be perfect. I was confused when it first opened and I had to really look around to realize it was about football.

5. wizard1974uk

wizard1974uk Tazmanian Gremlin

+20
    I used to love dark themes, but as I'm getting older my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be. Black text on green and vice versa very difficult to read.

I agree with Cory, very "x-box" like. Maybe go with a darker green on the forum headers?

Also switch the black text with white.

6. meetdilip

meetdilip Tazmanian Master

+742
    Personally, I prefer a bright Blueish theme. But the one you are using now will be likeable to many.

7. Kelson64

Kelson64 Aspirant

+3
    Exactly. At first glance I thought it was another Xbox forum. This is a problem because there are about 2 million Xbox forums. You want to make your site stand out, not look like a lot of others. If possible, I would absolutely change the main color away from the Xbox green for sure.

8. Preemo

Preemo ApprenticeForums

+10
    Without sounding horrible, have you just installed a theme and stuck your logo in there?

I agree, it looks more like a gaming theme, if I were you, I'd look for something more along the lines of a white/light grey background and work from there - it just doesn't look like a football forum to me.

Also, your page title is txfootballcoaches.com - is that supposed to be like that? Wouldn't you prefer to have a more informative page title?

Good luck with your forum :)

9. TxFootballCoach

TxFootballCoach Neophyte

+0
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted