Most accessible forum software for people with disabilities?

Discussion in 'Forum Software Development' started by Somniloquent, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Somniloquent

Somniloquent Enthusiast

+113
    I need something for a forum that has to be WCAG 2 compliant at level AA. I know it would be almost impossible to ensure that member-generated content meets the standard, but apart from that, is there any forum software that meets accessibility guidelines?

2. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+2,134
    Level AA is pretty much a pipe dream as user uploads tend tl be submitted as the most common alterations are lnly recompression. One could store uploads from specific users or filetypes on remote storage where it's procesed for AA accessibility standards and the result embedded back into the forum through badges but I'm not sure how feasible it is to perform this for a forum as opposed to a web service of the type of youtube or social networks.

If processing local, remote or realtime input would suit you, I'd suggest checking out oTranscribe, as it appears versatile enough to accomodate your needs and integrate with a forum.

3. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,189
    Would disabling image BB codes, smilies, embedding, and attachments suit your needs?

4. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+78
    Do an alt="" or something for the images...? I'm not sure how screen readers handle emoji, but they are in the Unicode standard, so they probably won't get absolute abysmal treatment.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.