Found/Closed Moderator/Admin/Coding Experience (12+ years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinnora Brewing

Aspirant
Position requested?: ... Open to offers
Past experiences?: ... Over 3 dozen sites moderated, built or administered. My username refers to my most successful site that I ran until late last year when it was sold (and sadly now appears defunct).
I have built up forums as an administrator from scratch to over 10k users, 200k posts.
Genre?: ... Main area of interest is Technology - but have a wider area of common knowledge, including civil law, gaming, movies, music etc.
Forum software you're familiar with? ... IPB, vB, phpBB, Lithium, lots of custom built forums.
How large, and busy, was the last forum you managed? See above 10k users (maybe 800 active) 200k posts.
What is your moderation/administration style?: As an active community leader in in my local area, I'm a diplomat by nature with a passion to help people with a need. Not into confrontational disputes, or demonising people for making mistakes, and fully support the key belief that users are more powerful in an online community than the staff, who are there to deliver a service.
Area of expertise?: ... Coding, quality content, decision making and ideas.
Why are you offering you offering your time to someone?: Having started a family at the end of last year, and having no time to run my own hobby sites, I have now ceased activity with all of my own personal sites, and sold those which had ongoing business interests. I am now looking for a route back into online community management, with an owner/administrator sympathetic to my personal needs (I.E. family time comes first).
Despite my many years in site development & forum building, I'm looking for an unobtrusive role with absolutely no intention of challenging the owner on their decision of how the site is run. I'm available for experienced advice if required, but otherwise happy to volunteer to your instructions.

If you're interested, and willing to offer a rewarded role, please indicate the rewards available and the commitment required. Happy to consider voluntary roles also for worthwhile ventures. Please direct all enquires to my TAZ PM

Last edited:

Pinnora Brewing

Aspirant
I'd like to thank everyone who sent me some sort of offer in the past month, and there were lots of them! I'd also like to apologise to anyone it took me a while to respond to. Hopefully I have responded to everyone now (if not let me know).

I have generally whittled down the offers to a handful that really appeal to me as being niche, innovative or in any way different and am in discussions to decide to what extent I can provide my assistance, if at all.

I'm generally closing requests from board owners at this stage, however I still really want to hear from you if your site is in any of the following categories.
  • Charity or Non-Profit
  • Very niche or unique
  • Politically or socially driven

It appears that many offers I received were very similar and impossible to distinguish between.

During the process I realised that I am very driven and excited by projects that either seek to benefit the lives of the under-privalleged or new concepts which tap into unexploited potentials. If this sounds like your site, or a site you'd like to set up - please contact me so we can discuss further - again via TAZ PM.

Thanks again for all your interest, I've had an enjoyable time going through and seeing all the hard work many forum creators have put in.

Pinnora Brewing

Aspirant
Again I'd like to thank all of those who continue to send me requests for staff at their sites, it's really interesting to see all the ideas you all have.

As I cannot edit my original post, I wish to make clear that I no longer wish to offer assistance to anyone with gaming sites or technology sites. My first post highlighted these as areas of interest, but generally I've fallen out of love with these particular sites over the years and am generally put off by the vast number of sites operating in these categories.

I'd just like to re-iterate I'm still happy to consider offers, but really the only areas I'm likely to agree to provide assistance with are the following:
  • Charity or Non-Profit - This is any site which is set up to benefit those with a genuine need or disadvantage in society
  • Very niche or unique - By this, I don't mean I want to join a forum for a very popular genre just because you have a couple of ideas that are different. Specifically I want to hear from anyone who is starting a site that they believe is the first of its type in their specific field.
  • Politically or socially driven - I probably should have been a little clearer with this. I'm not talking about sites about specific political parties, I mean sites which have a topic of focus which could be considered political. For example sites which deal with road safety, policing issues, anti-social behaviour, housing etc.

I guess I'm looking to work with a mature staff and audience, and gaming and sports sites etc tend to bring out the younger audience, which no longer appeals to me.

If you're not sure if I would be interested in your project, send me a message anyway. I don't mind receiving offers, even if it's not something I'm interested in. Just please understand I'm looking for quite a specific project to get involved in, and believe I can provide invaluable support for the right project.

I'm probably going to stop taking requests early in September if the right project still hasn't come up.

Thanks again for all your requests. :cgleam:

Pinnora Brewing

Aspirant
Please note that I am no longer looking for forum work. Please don't contact me with any offers - I have decided to hang up my moderator boots for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for all your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.