Moderating first x posts

Discussion in 'WoltLab Burning Board' started by Splinter2, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Splinter2

Splinter2 Aspirant

+16
    We've had an influx of spam recently with some pretty credible sounding usernames posting about healthy living stuff, potions and the like.
    Anyway, I took some action and reset the permissions so that all new members with a post count of three or less would have their first three posts moderated. This didn't go down too well with some members who had already registered but never posted.
    A couple complained and couldn't grasp the raison d'etre behind it, so I moved them up to the approved group with full rights, which didn't seem to appease them very much either.
    In the end I changed the permissions to admin registration approval, rather than email verification.
    The WoltLab software however appears to be affected by Germany's privacy laws, since finding a user's IP is not the easiest of tasks (always visible to me in the old SMF forum) and I had to install User IP Log to get around this.
    Luckily the spam has dropped off considerably, especially since I added them all to the black list and deleted their accounts.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.