migrating vBulletin 4 blogs to XenForo?

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by DelDrago, Jun 19, 2017.

1. DelDrago

DelDrago Enthusiast

+38
    Is there any add-on that would be equivalent to vBulletin 4 blogs? I would like to import the current vBulletin blogs, but not as threads.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,270
    You could ask Bob https://xenaddons.com for User Blog System (UBS). Its not officially released but when asked he might allow you in. Alfa1Alfa1 runs it so you can ask some questions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+1,909
    I had importers created for:
    1. vb blog to AMS
    2. XF threads to UBS. (there is a vb blog to xf threads importer here)

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  4. DelDrago

DelDrago Enthusiast

+38
    In case anyone else is in this dilemma, here's how I solved it.

First, I imported the vBulletin 4 blogs into the free Good Enough Blogs (formerly Better Blogs) addon. It has a built-in vBulletin blog importer that works with both vB 3 and vB4. You can find it here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/good-enough-blogs.5081/

Then, I imported the Good Enough Blogs blogs into Bob's UBS addon. It has a built-in Good Enough Blogs importer.

Bob's User Blog System (UBS) is very slick, and far surpasses what we were using previously. My members are going to love it.

Finally, I ran into one difficulty when importing from vBulletin 4 blogs to Good Enough Blogs. For some reason, the characters got messed up during the import. I was able to fix this by forcing the charset to "latin1" during the import.

I hope that others find this helpful.

• Informative! Informative! x 4
    • List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted