Membership Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
No where does it say on any forum in the rules or tos that you cannot sell your account

what if i wanted to sell my user account on xenforo.com ?

what if i wanted to sell my taz account?

maybe i already did and this isnt me?

Seriously tho who would want to be me lol

so whats your thoughts?

i know on computer games you cannot “legally” sell your character like world of warcraft but it happens all the time because people dont want to grind.

maybe we should address this during registration?

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
How do you determine the valuation of a forum account?
Who would want to buy it?
How would that affect the forum to the extent that they would bother making a policy against it?

Maybe I'm missing something. It seems like a non-issue.

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
Selling your account on TAZ? Worth more than $20 and while not illegal we will catch it and ban the account.

Selling your account on XenForo for the purposes of skirting the terms of sale you've agreed to - I'd guess it's technically illegal in most jurisdictions and not something TAZ will knowingly be a party to.

Steve

Fanatic
I’ve seen cases where a user sold their XF account it was revoked so the buyer was basically stuck with nothing then.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
no i would not sell my taz account :)

fixer

I'm In My Prime
I’ve seen cases where a user sold their XF account it was revoked so the buyer was basically stuck with nothing then.

How would they know? i can change ip’s when ever , ip addresses would match accounts?

ive seen matching ip’s and both members swore they didn't know each other

fixer

I'm In My Prime
ive already sold my xf license, so no worries the xf account is of no use to anyone, unless someone wanted to be one of the first members

Immortal

Aspirant
ive already sold my xf license, so no worries the xf account is of no use to anyone, unless someone wanted to be one of the first members

Yeah and i was the lucky buyer. :)

So far it's good. Althou i find it hard to get decent support on XF forums. Probably ganna have to use tickets. Also i find it weird that authors of paid addons don't give support in that addon official thread (erm been working on XenPorta for like 2 days now; had like 2 questions, no answer till now).

Anyway, back to work. :)

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
fixer - I gotta ask.. Your selling pretty much anything you can think of..

In deep with the bookie or something? Days away from having something broke?

:)

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
Also i find it weird that authors of paid addons don't give support in that addon official thread (erm been working on XenPorta for like 2 days now; had like 2 questions, no answer till now)
That particular developer is well known for their "support" style; not all of them are like that.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
fixer - I gotta ask.. Your selling pretty much anything you can think of..

In deep with the bookie or something? Days away from having something broke?

:)

Moved on to IPS never going back so im trying to help out my friends by having a fire sale

some goody two shoes shut me down :(

i understand rules are rules....

but....

with the 100,000,000 of nulled softwares changing hands every day.... selling something i paid for seems like less of an offense , a simple google search and you can get all the software for free...

good guys always finish last, should of nulled them all and i wouldnt be out anything ;)

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
what if i wanted to sell my user account on xenforo.com ?

Well that is easy.

The Software is licensed to You for use only under the terms and conditions of the License. You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights, copyrights and trademarks in the Software belong to XenForo Limited, that rights in the Software are licensed (not sold) to You, and that You have no rights in, or to, the Software other than the right to use them in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.

The only way you can transfer them is when you ask permission and use their system for transfer. How can they punish you, well like this.

XenForo Limited reserves the right to revoke Your License to use the Software should any of the terms of this Agreement be violated.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
and Steve buying a stolen gun is illegal but buying a gun someone else bought is not

fixer

I'm In My Prime
Well that is easy.

The only way you can transfer them is when you ask permission and use their system for transfer. How can they punish you, well like this.

this is “objective” what if “my use” was to sell it?

Immortal

Aspirant
That particular developer is well known for their "support" style; not all of them are like that.

It's good to hear; on the other hand it's a shame since i really like XenPorta 2, it fits my needs and it's not like he is giving away anything for free or my questions are complex. I will eventually figure it out; it's just a shame since he could probably answer it all withing 5 minutes and on the other hand it will take me probably several hours to work throu by myself - trial and error.

Anyway no point in whinning, will get back to it in the morning. Thanks for the tip.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
this is “objective” what if “my use” was to sell it?

You can try and try to give it another wording but the rule is very simple. At TAZ we do not allow to go against term or even allow warez. The discussion is closed its not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.