Resource icon

MathJax and XF 2.0.x

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
MarkFL submitted a new resource:

MathJax and XF 2.0.x - Adding support for LaTeX markup powered by MathJax to your XF 2.0.x site

I help administrate a math help site now running XF 2.0.10, and I wanted to share with this community how I added support for LaTeX powered by Mathjax to the site using a series of template edits.

The first thing I did was to initialize and define the scripts to be called on every page so that when any page is loaded, any LaTeX to be rendered will be done.

Open the "PAGE_CONTAINER" template and add the following code to the end of the template:

Code:
<script type="text/x-mathjax-config">...

Read more about this resource...

dethfire

Habitué
Just an FYI, MathJax 3 should be out in a couple months and it will need a new config structure

Xon

Developer
Just an FYI, MathJax 3 should be out in a couple months and it will need a new config structure
Ugh, more patching work to look forward to :(

I've got a paid add-on which implements latex support via MathJax+tex2jax (I started on Advanced BbCodes Pack add-on before this one was posted) but I haven't had any feedback on people using Latex yet.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Ugh, more patching work to look forward to :(

I've got a paid add-on which implements latex support via MathJax+tex2jax (I started on Advanced BbCodes Pack add-on before this one was posted) but I haven't had any feedback on people using Latex yet.

The only issue I've found so far with an XF implementation of MathJax is that it doesn't wrap according to the config script instructions like it does in vB.Instead, it just overflows the post container.