Lynne leaving vB Support.

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Paul M, Jun 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,512
    And I'm not going to post a screenshot for the same reason.

2. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    I like Lynne from the old vBulletin days I had there. Shame she's leaving over something that seems to have caused her too, she's been there a long time now.

3. Echo

Echo Runs with grenades

+614
    vBulletin was my first forum many moons ago, it had just come out....those were the days, then "progress" came along...:whistle:

4. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Politically Incorrect

+2,806
    I think you misspelled "Internet Brands".

5. Paul M

Paul M Limeade Addict

+2,235
    Or if you are in the UK, misspelt ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  6. ozzy47

ozzy47 Tazmanian Veteran

+4,329
    Lynne was always good with people, she will be missed.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    Does she still run her torrent forum?

8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
    More proof vBulletin is being abandoned by IB.

Hopefully she got a new job somewhere better.

9. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+1,227
    How did you come up with that one? :cautious:

10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated asshat

+3,594
    He bent over and pulled?
    It's a common affliction going around now days. ;)

• Something Fishy! Something Fishy! x 1
    • List
  11. Lynne

Lynne Participant

+78
    I see the news has already traveled over here. Yes, I am leaving both vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org as Staff. And yes, it was as a direct result of upper managements refusal to put Paul back in his rightful position of vbulletin.org Administrator. I am sorry to be leaving because the people I worked with on a daily basis are great people. I am sure the vbulletin.com Staff will be just fine without me. I am sad that I do not see a great future for vbulletin.org. I know it wasn't the big site it was a few years ago, but people still came to ask for help and I feel like we gave great help over there.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative! Informative! x 2
    • List
  12. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+349
    Very well used "came" (in the past). Now there is no reason someone to go there as all pioneers gone away.
    And my congratulations for that "Paul back in his rightful position of vbulletin.org Administrator". I never was in good contact with Paul, but he deserves that position. Like you.

13. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,450
    That and more. And I think it speaks volumes that the majority of staff are prepared to stand up and support one member who has been treated so discourteously. The best of luck with your future endeavours, whatever they may be :)

14. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,121
    Sorry to hear that this was needed, you and the others old down the fort.

15. CyberJoe

CyberJoe Participant

+35
    Sad sad news. Interacted with Lynne with a support ticket just a few days ago.

What the hell is IB trying to achieve? Is there not a single person at senior management who realises they are alienating all their customers? It is absolutely insane that a commercial entity can be on such a destructive path, for so long without realising it.

16. rudedog

rudedog Jim

+268
    Does this really surprise anyone? How long has vB management screwed over customers, told us one thing while doing another, left us in the dark and everyone is surprised they would do this to their own staff. sorry to say I'm not surprised.

Good luck to Paul and Lynne, while happy to say the community appreciated all your work. Sorry to say the company you worked for, won't.

17. GTB

GTB Tazmanian

+1,045
    I thought you jacking in working for vBulletin was about something else. But now you confirm it was over that with Paul. I must say, while I can understand you stepping down at vB.org as staff over Paul. I'm a little surprised you would jack a paid job in over it - one that you have done for a long time now. And your comments made after what I quoted, you do sound like you didn't really want to leave vBulletin and wondering if you have any regrets since. It seems a rash decision leaving your job as well over it, when you could have simply have left it at stepping down with vB.org only?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  18. Amaury

Amaury Habitué

+414
    Sorry to hear.

Bad wording there...

19. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,450
    I'm curious. In what way is it bad?

20. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

+1,735
    I would imagine, if taken out of context, the fact it would read as if she passed away, is bad. But just my opinion.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.