Seeking Looking for staff for a new community

Discussion in 'Community Cooperative' started by tRv56, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tRv56

tRv56 Aspirant

+3
    Name of site (and/or forum): Will be called fcboard

Link to forum: None yet --> for those who are interested in joining and helping me, I will provide a sample link where you can see the forum design/few tools.

Genre: General thematic, based in a virtual currency, which can be used for forum tools.

I will explain a little bit about this: you will earn per every-post certain amount of "virtual money". With the promotions, giveaways, lottery we have, and help around the forum, you will get as well those coins.
    With those coins you can improve your forum accounts, and make it more stylish. In a future, more features will be available to use that coins.

Remember that at the beggining of every forum project, the ideas, the genre, and the purpose is very limited, all due to the big forums who monopolize the market.
    With the help of everybody, following this path, can help improve the ideas, adding new features, and so on.

I plan to have information on the board about everything possible, and with time it will be well-categorized.
    But as said, we need the help of more than one brain to this project.

Forum Software: phpBB2 --> programming to be own system. Do not be afraid of this forum's software, I promise it has been modified. The reason I based on this system is because I always believed on its style.

I am modifying it and soon you won't even think it's phpBB2 based software.
    While it has just one template (one design), soon (although not promising a timeframe) I will have more styles so everybody will be happy about colors.

Total number of posts the forum has received: I have not started it yet, so none.

Seeking (admin/moderator/other): All of them. Note that I never plan to have more than two admins (counting me in). But of course, you will start being Moderator, as forum won't need two admins at the beggining. This is just a "tag". Being Admin doesn't make you being more powerful at the beggining.

Paid Position (yes/no): No. This has to be a hobby "job". Working together is the most wonderful thing to revive forums. Help that out!

Why are you requesting staff: I need people to begin with the project. I have invested money in this, and I need human being help. I am confident you will like the forum, and if you bring your ideas, then it'll be better!

Probably if you read the rest of the post, you will find more answers to this question.

Additional Information: I have invested several dollars in this project. I have a programmer working for me, and he is still working on it.
    I have requested as well, in an external site, a designer to do a logo/banner/minibanner/favicon designs for promotion purposes, which should be done within the next days.
    The forum will be ran in a VPS, coming up within next weeks. And of course, a classic domain will be put. Most likely .org.

The forum, as you can imagine, and as I stated before, has not been launched yet. Planning to have it ready for September, or before August ends. This depends on how many people I do find for this project.
    I have to point out that right now I am alone. I have nobody, hope I find someone in TAZ.

I will invest money as well in advertisements. Not sure where yet, but I have a pair of pages (one of them might be FaceBook) to start with. Suggestions about advertising the site are welcome, if you decide to help me with the project.
    I understand it is a hard task to promote the sites, but hopefully with your help, we could start things up!

How do you wish to be contacted: You may contact me through TAZ. If something's wrong with contacting me through here, you can also post in this topic with your e-mail. I do not like to leave my e-mail details in public, as I use it for other personal-life issues, and I still do not have the website ready to have my own e-mail (but I will!)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. Latin-Fox

Latin-Fox Neophyte

+0
    Hey! I'm interested

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2017
  3. tRv56

tRv56 Aspirant

+3
    Already contacted you.
    Still interested in more people who would like to start this project with me and help me out.

Best regards to all of you,
    tRv56

4. tRv56

tRv56 Aspirant

+3
    The current forum's design is almost finished. Remember to those people who might be interested in helping me with the project will be able to see current's design.
    I have one person who is helping me already - but of course the more we are, the better. I have nice plans for the community :)

I expect to be able to start either in the last days of Augost, or the beggining of September -- depending if I get enough help by that dates.
    Ideas of promoting have been settled up.

Post here if you would like to help me, let's go! With everybody's help we can build an awesome project and an awesome forum to have really fun everyday!

5. tRv56

tRv56 Aspirant

+3
    Just to do a quick update:

Forum's design is already completed. As per its functionality, we are working to fix few bugs that are still there, finishing few tasks that are almost done, and preparing everything to the official launch.
    Before the launching I would like to have few helpers more, to not start alone or with just two guys.

The estimated date is last week of August, or first of September -- depending on how the functionalities are being solved.
    Also, also depending on the users who would like to help me (as I'm trying to find more). In case none found, launch date might be delayed for this purpose.

Best regards to all of you,
    tRv56.

6. Siviny

Siviny Neophyte

+0
    Hi. I'm interested if you're still searching for others to help you.

7. tRv56

tRv56 Aspirant

+3
    Hey. I contacted you through private message in TAZ :)
    So far two guys contacted me - one of them is surely helping me, and Siviny I'm still contacting him :)

Hopefully we can get more people to help out! Why not? Try out guys! :D

8. tRv56

tRv56 Aspirant

+3
    Hello.
    We are close to ending all the pre-launch configurations.
    The domain/VPS server has been bought. We only need to configure it to be ready for the launch, and fixing some minor bugs regarding the registration step.

So far, I have just one helper, as one of them is currently not answering me, so I really need more help on the matter! If anyone is interested, please let me know in this post.

Thank you.

9. Tommy Huynh

Tommy Huynh Aspirant

+4
    I am interested! Let me know!

10. tRv56

tRv56 Aspirant

+3
    I got you a message in TAZ.

For some kind of update, finally: all bugs should be fixed in the forum and we are ready to launch.
    I plan to advertise the site in social media once its launched, and I still need help with people to start the forum properly. I wanted to start by 7th September, however, due to the lack of people helping me, I'm questioning to pospone the official launch. Depending of Tommy's help I might consider to do one thing or other.

Come on guys! It's going to be fun, and I really need help. It will be worth it!

11. Steve

Steve Administrator

+2,588
    Closed at the request of OP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.