Looking for a Custom WBB Style

Discussion in 'WoltLab Burning Board' started by BioWarfare, Sep 15, 2016.

1. BioWarfare

BioWarfare The uphill battle

+138
    Is there anybody on TAZ who does custom Burning Board styles?

I am looking for a new style for my new WBB install: http://cod4zone.com It is a Call of Duty 4 / Modern Warfare Remastered forum. I would prefer if I could purchase a pre-made theme to use as the base, if possible, to keep costs down. Thank you and I appreciate your time.

Well wishes.

2. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Gaming Geek

+1,321
    Thought you were moving to xenforo?

3. BioWarfare

+138
    I was but BB was the same price as an used XF license and I really wanted to experiment with other software. Also I've found it to be very nice and it reminds me of MyBB in the sense that everything is clearly laid out and very clear and organized. It took me a while to learn XF Admin CP but WBB Admin CP is very similar to MyBB and easy to setup. I really like it so far. I might just have trouble purchasing a custom style as a lot of its users are German and there aren't any English PixelExits or Audentios for it. I found https://www.cls-design.com so far but I am yet to pick a definite style.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  4. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+352
    I also like WBB even if I never used my license. I ordered a custom style from http://www.wbb-world.de
    The site is in German but if you use "Kontakt" and send a message to Sven, he speaks fluent English.
    My nickname there is ChrisTERiS, most probably he'll remember me.
    The style was perfect and it cost me 60-70 Euros, very fair price if you compare with commercial styles that cost 40-50 Euros.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  5. BioWarfare

+138
    Thank you Christos Teriakis I looked at that forum but I couldn't find any styles. I was able to navigate the site briefly due to the Bing translation at the bottom. By the time I was finished lurking, I found out that somebody on WBB community forums messaged me about this. I'm going to wait for his response to see if he is interested and go from there.

Thank you and I really like WBB so far too.

6. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+352
    BioWarfare I forgot to say that mostly they offer WBB services. Everything is custom, that's why you can't find anything public in their site. Especially if you provide them a PSD template (eg from https://themeforest.net/category/psd-templates), will be easier for any designer to build it for WBB.

7. BioWarfare

+138
    Thank you Christos Teriakis My current theme is in development and looks great right now! Thank you and I will keep them in mind but German is driving me mad!

Why aren't plugin screen shots forced to be in English also? It's still not helpful if the thread is written in English but not the plugin screenshots. I am going crazy from all the frustration of these potentially good plugins that I cannot read and therefore have a hard time deciding if it is worth buying. I guess it is something that I will adapt to with time, however, but wow.

8. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+352
    You're totally right talking for English support. But at least now things are going better. Much better I can say. 6 years ago when I started with WBB even Woltlab.com forums didn't had dedicated forums for English speaking members (but they had great English support if you were using the support area) . WBB was targeted to German market.

But now and step by step everything going better. Lot of threads in English and many Mods (at leats the commercial) in English. The only that left out for improvement is to change their sites by adding a real English version.

9. andrew3d

andrew3d Aspirant

+12
    I bought a theme from https://www.cls-design.com that I liked. At the time they offered to customize it, but I did what I wanted myself, but you might take a look to see what they have.

Added: I overlooked before I posted that you had already found them. You could ask them about customizing one of theirs. :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  10. patrocle

patrocle Aspirant

+3
    Your style at cod4zone looks good, what theme is it based on? Was looking for one that i can add the long banner as you have.

Also not sure if WBB has any mod for "cars" like :vbrides or vb pro garage like vb has.

Thanks,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.