Look for cheap VPS in Europe (Germany, Holland, UK)

Discussion in 'Hosting Discussions' started by maychu, Oct 20, 2009.

1. maychu

maychu Neophyte

+0
    I'm looking for a cheap VPS based on CentOS or Debian Linux, server in Europe (Germany, Holland, UK).
    The wanted config as below:
    - Virtualization: OpenVZ or Xen
    - Hard disk: 7-10GB
    - Dedicated RAM: 512MB or above
    - Bandwith: 150GB/month or above
    - Under $10/month

I think it's hard to find one like that, but I still search for it.
    Thank for reading or recommending one provider.

2. Barrack

Barrack Participant

+0
    Why not to choose the one from US-based hosting providers as they also provider fast and uninterrupted hosting services around the globe. As for recommendation, have a look at Proaxxs.net - VPS hosting plans start from $6/mo and also Webintellets.com VPS hosting plans which will be also a great option for you.
    You need to look at the quality of the service and especially customer support.

Hope this info will be not useless for you.

3. maychu

maychu Neophyte

+0
    Thank you for your suggestion of VPSes. The 1st one seems to be good price, but the 2nd I cannot access via webrowser.
    By the way, I own several VPSes in US already. Now I need a EU-based VPs.

4. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Fan

+17
    You're likely not going to find a VPS of any quality at that price especially in Europe without some sort of special deal but I do wish you the best of luck.

5. HostColor

HostColor Sponsor

+2
    I think you should rise you budget. It is not serious a VPS to cost less than $15/month. I don't think you'd get a quality one in Europe for less than 20 euros per month.

6. W3C

W3C Participant

+0
    Agree, your budget is very low indeed. I know quality hosting in the EU is possible to get from the offshore hosts, like santrex.net, to reduce costs, but even they won't offer you a VPS fro that low price.

Sure, you can find the VPS for seven bucks, but their quality is very limited by the low-end specs.

7. Silvester

Silvester Enthusiast

+0
    If you are still in search of reliable place located in Europe and which offers nice VPS hosting plans, I can put forward a suggestion to have a look at 7host.com VPS hosting plans. This reliable company offers them on Linux and Windows platform and the price for them is more than reasonable.

8. karmapolice

karmapolice Enthusiast

+0
    Am second about santrex.net. The company has multiple locations and can meet vitually any requirements, particularly yours are met easily.

9. number22

number22 Enthusiast

+0
    Well, from the mentioned above recommendations, 7host.com looks to be the best option for you. Their VPS hosting plans are designed to give the best performance for your web site. It is a host which understands your specific needs, and they can sit down with you and talk about what your needs are, and how that host can accommodate for those needs.

10. Nana

Nana Enthusiast

+0
    santrex, which has been suggested above is really good one. Cheaper than average European (and even some american) hosts, and not content restrictions could be a great advantage for dealing with.

11. nickon

nickon Neophyte

+0
    Re:

hi,friends i am using seo web hosting for my dedicated servers,they are* providing me great services that to at great price of just $499/month with great features like Dedicated VPS Solution,4GB RAM,60GB Storage (SAS Drives),100 Class C IP's,Daily Back-Ups,3000GB Top Quality Tier 1 Bandwidth.

12. WebhostGIANT_Rob

WebhostGIANT_Rob Adherent

+0
    That is not correct budget for VPS even in US where web hosting service less expensive then in EU.
    I think if you want to get good web hosting solution you need to think over higher budget.

13. SOBR

SOBR Enthusiast

+0
    I know the quality VPS solutions are offered by bodhost.co.uk (UK obviously). AS for other locations - nothing to say.

14. Hi_Lary

Hi_Lary Enthusiast

+0
    Webhosting.uk.com is one more company which deserves your attention as they are located in UK.
    Cheap and quality services they provide.

15. Dimitry

Dimitry Enthusiast

+0
    Consider the offers of santrex.net which has been suggested. The company offers everything you set as the requirements.

16. HallofFamer

HallofFamer Habitué

+114
    Well honestly I do not recommend cheap VPS, since it makes no difference from having a shared hosting service like Bluehost and Hostgator. Many people make mistake 'cause they wont spend much when running a site/forum. In reality, it is usually just a game of money. You get what you pay for, cheap hosting usually indicates poor services.

17. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Aspirant

+1
    Look in http://www.hosteurope.de
    They're in Germany and the cheapest I found so far (they have good reputation and have been in the market for quite a while).

If you're willing to pay more go for http://www.eurovps.com
    Also heard good stuff about them... they're seeded in Holland.

18. WebhostGIANT_Rob

WebhostGIANT_Rob Adherent

+0
    Do they have German speaking or English speaking support. I think that is very important for OP.

19. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Aspirant

+1
    I've changed emails with them in the past and everything in english since I really can't grasp german (although it's very easy to understand the different hosting packages they offer because the technical terms are quite similar).

So I think the best is to just send them an email and see if and how they answer to it.

20. JoshOm

JoshOm Aspirant

+0
    It is hard to find VPS in europe at that price :(

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted