Seeking Lonely single forum seeks loving staff...

Discussion in 'Community Cooperative' started by Hauyser, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Hauyser

Hauyser illiterate.

+146
    Illiterate.

as11.postimg.org_drb6d5w2b_screenshot.png
    (Not yet the finished product!)

If you like bright colors, love talking about nonsense and want to waste most your life on the internet - then I plan this forum for you. I have a rough sketch in my head on how this monstrosity should work out, but I'm going to need some help to get this sh*t ship* off the ground.

Name of site (and/or forum): Illiterate
    Link to forum: http://www.illiterate.me/
    Genre: General? Yeah! (Yes, another one) Relaxed rules, go wild.
    Forum Software: XenForo
    Total number of posts the forum has received: 0... who needs posts?
    Seeking (admin/moderator/other): Seeking Admin + Mod.
    Paid Position (yes/no): Don't be silly.
    If Paid, How Much: Cakes.
    Why are you requesting staff: If I have to make twenty accounts, talk to myself - I'll go insane.
    Additional Information: We're not yet done - looking for input, help and a good time.
    How do you wish to be contacted: (TAZ PC/Site PC/Email) Message me here, message me there.

2. King

King Aspirant

+6
    I am interested

3. BeyBrad

BeyBrad Adherent

+124
    Sounds like you're looking for members, not staff. But I clicked the link and the site is closed.

4. Hauyser

Hauyser illiterate.

+146
    Did you even read the post? :tdown: Members would be lovely, but I'm looking some people to help get it off the ground.

"Additional Information: We're not yet done - looking for input, help and a good time."

5. BeyBrad

BeyBrad Adherent

+124
    Yes, I did read the post. Especially this part:

Staff aren't a substitute for real membership, and bringing in staff when you have no content and no vision yet formed places the burden squarely on volunteers you're bringing in for your project. I think as a founder you should at least establish the fundamentals before asking other people to put in effort for free.

6. cheat_master30

cheat_master30 Moderator

+1,046
    Have to love that title! Laughed a bit just reading it!

As for the forum itself... eh, not sure a brand new forum with no content should be looking for staff. Instead, try and post a few things and get actual content up before you ask people to jump in. That way, you're A: not reliant on people you find on admin forums and B: have an idea where the community is going or what it's going to be like.

But hey, that's just my advice.

7. Finn

Finn Participant

+29
    IMG_2579.JPG

8. HybridVM

HybridVM HybridVM - Dedicated Hosting

+13
    Seems like a pretty neat forum I wouldn't mind joining if the forum was open but its closed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.