Little trick to increase forum traffic

Discussion in 'Increasing Traffic' started by Ricus, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Ricus

Ricus Aspirant

+1
    Hello everyone!

I have finally found a good nice way to get some forum traffic. It is freaking simple to be honest:

Post threads, where you must reply in order to get a guide.

For example: http://nosforum.com/Thread-Simple-Guide-to-get-over-20-per-day-on-AUTOPILOT?pid=473#pid473

After they have posted to my thread, I told them that I want them to get a few more posts ;)

Now I have posted that topic in forums that have a self promotion section, like http://thebotnet.com/ for example and since they are in the "earning money online" niche, I took that subject.

I am continuing doing this and more people are coming and posting.

2. engineer1964

engineer1964 hoc foro magna est

+51
    But once they have that guide will they ever visit again?? afterall all they signed up for was the guide, and being told they need to post more once they've joined its a no no in my book, if that happened to me i'd leave right away

Secondly, thats not really getting members to stay active on your boards, i may just as well make loads up for the sake of it. The Secret is to get members onto your boards, Staying there and playing an active part

3. The7thSage

The7thSage Adherent

+22
    This method sucks after a while. We used minimum 5 post count for some threads 10+ for some, people spammed like hell to increase post counts. It was fine in the beginning but later it was tough to control spam. I guess you are fine with it until you get your forum stats up.

4. Ricus

Ricus Aspirant

+1
    In my case they have not spammed yet and posted more then only 10 posts & coming back ;)

5. Ownaholic

Ownaholic Aspirant

+1
    It's a novel idea, but I would definitely be worried about the spam.
    I personally actually want a community, so simply luring people in for something unrelated doesn't work for me.

Might be a great method for other people though.

Plus then you have the problems of copyright, if applicable.

6. InterNauert

InterNauert Aspirant

+0
    People aren't as stupid as you might think

All of those "tricks" have been done before. People recognize them and they are getting sick of them. They will simply block your site and go somewhere else, or at least I will, but I'm a seasoned marketer and most people are not. What do I know? I've learned nothing in the past ten years.

It is my recommendation that you not take people for granted, and if you do, don't tell them that you are doing it. If people are genuinely interested in the content on your site, they will visit it.

Just a thought. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  7. Jon123456

Jon123456 Participant

+1
    Nice idea Ricus, I like it!

8. mathan134

mathan134 Aspirant

+0
    Good idea. Seems interesting . .

9. engineer1964

engineer1964 hoc foro magna est

+51
    The issue is with the quality of the post. Will it be a decent post that will benefit your forum and it's members or will it be a crap post used just to get a guide which when they get it they will probably find out all they had to do to get it was to google it.

End result a forum full of poop posts that will turn potential members away.

I'd sooner have a small forum with quality posts, than a full forum full of poop posts simply to get a guide. To be told I'd have to post more is like asking for a moderator and asking them to populate your forums for you.

I guess this is the shadier side of trying to run a forum when you can't do it by conventional means. sorry to be blunt but that is how it looks

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  10. arkueckelhan

arkueckelhan Neophyte

+0
    Will consider implementing something like this on my site. I have to agree, I think it will result in a lot of spam with low conversion rates for loyal members.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted