List of banned IP adresses. (?)

Discussion in 'Site Security & Legal Issues' started by BattleForums, May 15, 2009.

1. BattleForums

BattleForums Enthusiast

+1
    Hi there,

We have been receiving a fairly large amount of spam threads lately. The community is complaining about this.

I would like to ask if there is a list of banned IP adresses out there. These new human spambots are always avoiding secuirity measures such as captcha. After typing in these usernames in search engines, we found that they were used to spam elsewhere too.

Banning potential spammers BEFORE they even arrive would certainly a good solution. Just add the dangerous adresses to the database.

If there is no such thing yet: perhaps we can start one here at this site? It would probably be the right place to do so, if a list like this is allowed. I saw several IP adresses being posted here already, so my assumption was that it was permitted by the admin here. I am sorry if this info may not be shared here, just remove this thread in that case.

2. Ancodi

Ancodi Adherent

+0
  3. Caliope

Caliope Hello cheeky

+398
  4. BattleForums

BattleForums Enthusiast

+1
    Thanks, both of you! That should help a lot. I will bookmark those. :geek:

5. Caliope

Caliope Hello cheeky

+398
    Let us know how you get on, your experiences could help us and others :)

6. BattleForums

BattleForums Enthusiast

+1
    Well, lots of spam comes from people who claim to have 'wholesale' companies. Mostly from China. Blocking those areas listed should work great.

And never thought of just blocking certain e-mail domains. We try to prevent them from coming on the site, so this would do great.
    Perhaps we can just limit the adresses to hotmail and g-mail. Most people that use a gaming site use those adresses anyway. I will look into the other sites later. :D

7. ipodman

ipodman The Teacher

+1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted