Link Building

Discussion in 'Increasing Traffic' started by wayney, Oct 19, 2009.

1. wayney

wayney Participant

+0
    Based on your experience, which is the most effective way of doing link building for a B2B site?

2. leesw

leesw Adherent

+1
    Provide great content that people want to link to.

3. m1k30rz

m1k30rz Aspirant

+0
    Agreed but you have to get the name out as well, any ideas on creating links without word of mouth?

4. leesw

leesw Adherent

+1
    • Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
    • Answer questions on Yahoo Answers (you can add a link if appropriate so answer questions in your niche area.
    • Submit articles to article directories (you get links in signature)
    • Go to your friends. Email them and ask them to add a link to your website from their blog or whatever web resources they have. Friends are a much warmer audience for that than strangers you find on the web.

I hope that was helpful. I know how tough it is to build links. We're in this together so if you get other ideas as well please share them with me too. :)

5. Jaramillo

Jaramillo Aspirant

+0
    I think it is still frowned upon by google, at least I think I!

6. plasmadish

plasmadish Neophyte

+0
    Article Building is a great thing!

7. Jojomofoman

Jojomofoman Aspirant

+0
    Have you tried emailing people in search for reciprocal links? This is a great way to get traffic flowing.

8. bluesky

bluesky Adherent

+6
    You may also consider using the freebies because they work greatly and after some months, many one way links could be spotted redirecting towards your homepage.

9. convergentmedia

convergentmedia Aspirant

+0
    Just don't go overboard, aim for a legit backlink profile and you'll be fine. Otherwise, you might end up getting loved tenderly by search engines.