Likes Pro from SMF Packs

Discussion in 'SMF' started by Shawn G, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Shawn G

Shawn G Tazmanian Addict

+303
    Hey all,

So I purchased the professional addition (with no copyright) of the Likes Pro by www.SMFPacks.com. When I purchased something from that site before, I had a bad experience with the product and didn't get any support for it at least support from someone who understood my requests...

However, I do like this addon and I want to recommend it. Its pretty nice and I applaud SMFPacks.com for making such a nice addon :)

2. famade

famade Neophyte

+2
    I've had too many issues with the author in the past that I just won't go near any of his mods. I'm not happy about how he would approve his own mods ahead of approving others from the community when he was in the Customizer team nor am I happy about how he made his own mods 'featured'.

3. live627

live627 Fan

+8
    To add, he uses his team status (now former) to pimp his paid help topic/profile. Maybe it;s allowed, but I don't like it. I called him out on something similar I think a year ago and he yelled angrily at me, never to do that again. I avoid him now.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  4. designsbyaura

designsbyaura Aspirant

+8
    I love the likes, i also brought it.

I also brought the shoutbox from him, BUT his support only lasts 1 year unless you pay up again, i was meet with silence when i asked a simple question. He just wouldnt approve my question on his forum, i sent him a pm saying dont bother, then i get a mouthful back lol

I am happy to pay for things but when people change for something they have to give some type of service, if they release a product that has bugs in it surely they have to give a fix.

I was helped by someone else, the color palette wasnt right, it wasnt hard and it wouldnt have hurt him to help me, from that experience i will NEVER buy anything from him again.

Since of course i have read stuff on the net about how he acts towards people.

I dont think im that hard to deal with *S*

5. lordi

lordi Adherent

+27
    I bought one of the mod, which is SEO pro,
    after he change the license scheme to yearly subscription for support and update, I quit

6. Antes

Antes Developer

+110
    Too bad you didn't ask it before, because SMFPack's licensing system was always like that, you buy the product with 1 year support & update. After one year you'll have access to latest release before your license ends. I'm not sure if that site has policy but you may even miss a major release with 1 day :p

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.