Leaving IB

TimeDev

Participant
Did you forget what Paul said before?

Which part? :D
We have already been planning to migrate away, I just respect the knowledge and work Paul did in the past and although we would hope they would release security fixes quickly etc it remains unproven.

Danielx64

Developer
Which part? :D
We have already been planning to migrate away, I just respect the knowledge and work Paul did in the past and although we would hope they would release security fixes quickly etc it remains unproven.
As I always advise others, dont migrate just for the sake of it, there should be a genuine pressing need - we have no such need or requirement.

Gus

Enthusiast
I love how many people chimed in to tell me all about how someone else's business is none of my business. :p

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
I love how many people chimed in to tell me all about how someone else's business is none of my business. :p

Well that's going to happen when you ask someone publicly about their pay, and then make a statement like this:

Why not? I'm sure you're going to be fine without the money so it can't be that much.....

You have no idea the amount of money, nor how much of an impact it is going to have on his financial situation. Some people's money is so tight these days a simple $50 a month is s big deal.

Gus

Enthusiast
Well that's going to happen when you ask someone publicly about their pay, and then make a statement like this:

You have no idea the amount of money, nor how much of an impact it is going to have on his financial situation. Some people's money is so tight these days a simple $50 a month is s big deal.

Yeah, how dare I... I'm such a big jerk apparently. Then I post these snarky replies as if I don't feel bad or anything. Go figure. :p

HallofFamer

Habitué
So Paul is leaving IB, thats kinda surprising. So who did they find to replace him? Or are they just laying off workers(and in this case a highly skilled workers) to save money, really?

Gus

Enthusiast
So Paul is leaving IB, thats kinda surprising. So who did they find to replace him? Or are they just laying off workers(and in this case a highly skilled workers) to save money, really?

Sounds to me like their acquisition of vBulletin didn't turn out to be as lucrative as they'd hoped.

Paul M

Super Moderator
Well [afaik] no one is replacing me as such (i.e. they are not hiring anyone else).
They are [apparently] just going to spread my work out among the other devs, and PM.

Last edited:

Johno1942

Aspirant
Paul,

Thanks for all the work you put in especially keeping older versions of VB patched and viable. As someone who is closely involved with a large board that has struggled to upgrade it is sad to see you go. I wish you well in your future endeavours.

VoXX

Participant
Best of luck to you Paul, in whatever you give your time too next!

You helped me a long while back with a couple of old vb 3.8 forums I had. I've since moved them to burning board.

Paul M

Super Moderator
That day has come. :(

Technically this is my last day, but as I'm getting ready to fly out on my holiday early tomorrow, I basically did my last work yesterday. :cool:

After six years, its going to be strange. :pipe:

we_are_borg

Tazmanian

Technically this is my last day, but as I'm getting ready to fly out on my holiday early tomorrow, I basically did my last work yesterday. :cool:

Sad day for people on vb3 and 4 you keeped it alive. Enjoy your vacation time.

Sal Collaziano

Womanizer

Time to start your own thing and have people working for you. If you haven't already done so...