Large UK cosmetics brand 'Lush' deletes their social media presense

Discussion in 'Social Networking' started by R0binHood, Apr 9, 2019.

1. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+1,038
    Snippet:

Full article:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47871948

This follows one of the biggest pub brands in the UK doing the same last year, Wetherspoons.

I can understand not wanting to pay to play on FB, but it does seem a bit weird to delete some of those large accounts on Insta and Twitter when you can still market effectively without playing if you produce some quality content and have a savvy marketing team.

2. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,063
    Seems enough is enough :

3. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+1,038
    Ahh yes, the age old problem of "We tried to fit in with the cool kids on social media but got our asses handed to us by the public when our campaigns were **** so we're just going to pay established influencers that are the on pulse to plug our brand now". That makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. KimmiKat

KimmiKat Adherent

+124
    Maybe they should've just stayed on Twitter and dump the rest, especially FB.

5. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+1,038
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  6. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+210
    I wouldn't mind dropping all these censorship empire social networks where they keep fiddling with algorithms and show you want they want you to see rather than what you've specifically told them you want to see.

Unfortunately, I can't burn every bridge, so I'll just settle for boycotting evil Facebook.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.